Copying toolpaths/job layout

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
helensdad
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Oozenest Ox 500 x 750/Openbuilds Minimil

Copying toolpaths/job layout

Post by helensdad »

Good evening, I want to have a go at one of Michael Tyler's projects of the month, the Parish Pump Planter. I do not have wood to the dimensions in the instructions. I do, however have some nice Beech an inch or so narrower that I would like to use. The length of the two sets of parts is 24 inches and my machine will only take 20 inches long. I have worked out how to lay out the individual componets on to my wood, but after I have saved the new layout the tool paths have gone. How can save the complete tool paths for each individual part and retain all the tool paramerers.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Copying toolpaths/job layout

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Nick,

Perhaps the easiest way is to open the original file(s) and re-save each file as New-Layout-blah-blah.crv

Then, change the job dimensions as required and move the components around to arrange as you like. Delete any that won’t fit in the new job size, then recalculate the Toolpaths for the items that are on the material.

That way, none of the Toolpaths previously created will disappear. Repeat the process until you have all the components rearranged to suit your materials.

There are other methods such as using Templates and Layer Association, but you will need to learn how those work first. (I do recommend getting familiar with those features for possible future use, though!)
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

helensdad
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Oozenest Ox 500 x 750/Openbuilds Minimil

Re: Copying toolpaths/job layout

Post by helensdad »

Cheers, many thanks! I will have a go at that..