nesting

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
wook kim
Model of CNC Machine: 3-axis h-1325

nesting

Post by wook kim »

Hi
I am a kitchen maker and recently bought a cnc router, polyboard pro pp and vcarve pro.
I designed a kitchen project on polyboard with 16 mm board for carcass and 18 mm board for doors, drawer fronts.
But when I import the project on vcarve using dxf batch processor from polyboard and try to nest the vectors, the vectors for cabinet carcass ( which are 16 mm ) and the vectors for doors and drawer fronts come all mixed together. Please let me know how I can nest them separately.
Thanks ! Wook

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: nesting

Post by Adrian »

You would need to create two jobs, import the vectors into each and delete the vectors that don't apply to that material thickness. You can't have different material thicknesses at the same time in the same job so nesting the two sets of vectors together wouldn't work.

Another way if you want to stick to a single job is to put all the 16mm vectors on one layer and all the 18mm layers on another after importing and then hide the layer you're not currently working on before nesting.

By far the easiest would be to export just the 16mm from your other software and then just the 18mm so you have two separate dxf files to start with and then there's nothing to worry about in VCarve.

wook kim
Model of CNC Machine: 3-axis h-1325

Re: nesting

Post by wook kim »

Hi Adrian
Thank you very much for your answer !
It's really helpful.