Duplicating sign on both sides

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
DaGoose
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Black Diamond

Duplicating sign on both sides

Post by DaGoose »

Trying to figure out how to duplicate a sign on BOTH sides. Such as a Sign on top of a mail box Be exactly the same on both sides.So it looks the same and can be read from ether side. Fairly new to CNC machining and I love it so far. :P I have VCarve Pro 10.5 on a Shark Black diamond. I am sure there is a way to do it, but haven't found it yet. I copied the design and then duplicated the cut files one at a time but there has to be a way to COPY & PASTE or DUPLICATE with out having to do it one at a time. Searched the Forum but either didn't know how to word it correctly or haven't found it. Any help would be MORE than appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.
Measure with a micrometer, Mark it with Chalk, Cut it with an ax, Beat it together.

Todd D
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8 PRO V5

Re: Duplicating sign on both sides

Post by Todd D »

Select the vectors you want to copy to other side and right click, the menu that comes up has an option to copy to other side, as long as job is set up as 2 sided this should work for you

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

For 2-sided signs you will also need use the mirror tool to flip the text on the back side before calculating the toolpath. The direction you will need to flip it will depend on which flip option you selected in the material setup.
Steve

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

IMG_0745.jpg
IMG_0744.jpg
Something like this?

Will need to use dowel pins for board flip accuracy too!!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 12.004

kstrauss
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Tormach PCNC770

Post by kstrauss »

Perhaps I don't understand the question but if the outside of the sign is symmetrical (square/ round/ oval/ ??) couldn't you just setup as a single sided job and cut both sides with the same gcode? No copying and no mirror required.

Holzarbeiter
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger SR24

Post by Holzarbeiter »

I was thinking the same thing......
Joe

I have a chip on my shoulder....several more in my hair and lots more all over my shop floor.

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510,24x48 GCnC/WinCNC

Post by dealguy11 »

And if you don't want to do all the flipping and registering, you could just cut it from 2 pieces of thinner material and epoxy them together.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

kstrauss wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:33 pm
Perhaps I don't understand the question but if the outside of the sign is symmetrical (square/ round/ oval/ ??) couldn't you just setup as a single sided job and cut both sides with the same gcode? No copying and no mirror required.
That is most certainly the easiest way. I was just trying to show a 2-sided procedure as specified by the OP.
Steve

DaGoose
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Black Diamond

Post by DaGoose »

Thanks to all for the help and advice! I knew I was in good hands here. I decided to follow the advice and Cut TWO, dab of glue and done. I was just trying to learn something new and thought that would be an easy project and a good learning project. Needless to say it had me scratching my Watch and winding my backside. Sometimes the Simple things can drive you nuts, and in my case that is a very short trip. Again Thanks to Everyone for their inputs and help.
Measure with a micrometer, Mark it with Chalk, Cut it with an ax, Beat it together.