Textures and tiles in VCarve Desktop

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Christopher Leech
Model of CNC Machine: AccTek 6012

Textures and tiles in VCarve Desktop

Post by Christopher Leech »

Hello all,
I just got through trying to download several textures. Actually in the lower left screen it reports that they had been downloaded on several occasions. Well the joke is on me. Nice one.
In fact if you click on the Question mark, it tells you exactly what to do. But of course I come to find out this is for the deep pockets amongst us that have Aspire licence. Soooo....
Can one incorporate OBJ based textures into VCarve Desktop within a defined boundary and Z height with raised or V Carved lettering....and if so how?
I use Mudbox (Autodesk) which generates 3d texture OBJ files from JPGs that may be scoured from the web.
Like wood grain, wavy feature, shingle, shake, scale etc etc.
F360 can do this in its trial format.
Come on people!

martin54
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber System 48,Denford Triac Modified

Re: Textures and tiles in VCarve Desktop

Post by martin54 »

There is some texture capability within Vcarve Desktop but not as much as there is in Aspire, there is a vector texture tool & also a texture toolpath but these might not do what you require.
You can import one third party 3D model into Vcarve Desktop so you would be able to import your texture & OBJ is one of the supported formats, STL is another if your other software can export in that format. You would probably be best exporting the texture as close to the size you want it with z height set to what you require as well. You can alter the size of the texture on all 3 axis once imported though if you need to tweek it a bit.
To be able to use the texture with text either raised or vcarved then you would need to set up vector boundarys for your machining. There are tutorials covering most if not all that you have asked, best think to do is search the tutorials for what you want to do, there will more than likely be more than one tutorial for each part. :lol: :lol:

Christopher Leech
Model of CNC Machine: AccTek 6012

Re: Textures and tiles in VCarve Desktop

Post by Christopher Leech »

Thank you @martin54
I will check those tutorials.
I might be over reaching anyway.
Still a little wet behind the ears.
Regards,
Chris