beginner issues

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Jchurch75
Model of CNC Machine: AXIOM ICONIC 4

beginner issues

Post by Jchurch75 »

Okay, please forgive my lack of experience and probably stupid issues that I am having. I received my Iconic 4 and was very excited to get it all set up and begin. Plenty of cuss words and some throwing of stuff later..... I'm very stressed and discouraged. I am using VC desktop and I'm simply taking my saved files that are on my flash drive and trying to start a demo job on the machine. The first times I tried, it saw the files. Now everytime I save a file it's not showing up on the Rich Auto. I tried multiple times, using what I thought was the normal, logical way to save these files. My flash drive is 16gb, is that too big for some reason? I'm very confused and red in the face. The first times the files showed up, but I couldn't get the bit to touch the material. I changed the depth lower three times and the depth the router went stayed the same. Anyones input on this would be greatly appreciated. This is somehow turning into rocket science. Thanks again, John

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: beginner issues

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Over on the Axiom for there was a discussion, and one suggestion was trying a different thumb drive. -->Link to Axiom Forum

And another thread: ->Link to Axiom forum
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

litzluth
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Post by litzluth »

My Laguna IQ uses the Rich Auto DSP HHC and it has a 4 GB limitation on the USB drive. Try using a 2 or 4 GB USB drive.

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

I posted as a reply to your question on the Axiom Forum. There is a long thread there. https://axiomprecision.proboards.com/th ... ick-format