Version 10.5 Multiple Post Processors

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
jib2
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna CNC

Version 10.5 Multiple Post Processors

Post by jib2 »

Has anyone noticed and bug when selecting between post processors in version 10.5.

Using the same post processer as I used in version 9.x for a Diamond Drag Bit but now in 10.5 the spindle turns on.

I have checked to make sure I was selecting the correct post processor and I was. Could this be a bug or something that I am somehow doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated for sure.

wb9tpg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XL

Re: Version 10.5 Multiple Post Processors

Post by wb9tpg »

Is the "Spindle Speed" setting set to 0 for the tool?
Gary Mitchell
Kentucky, USA

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

There has been some issues with post processors but reading the forum I thought they were confined to GRBL type controllers. If you are having issues your best bet would be to contact Vectric Support directly, you can just use the PP from your previous version of the software if that is working the way you expect it to :lol:

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510,24x48 GCnC/WinCNC

Post by dealguy11 »

Many of us have had to update the "stock" post-processors that come with Aspire to match the capabilities of our machines. This is a one-time thing and once done, the "stock" post-processors are no longer useful. It is almost always a mistake to allow Aspire to update your post-processors in a new release when you have something that already works.

It appears to be the case the the post-processor you had in the prior version better matches your specific machine than the stock versions that ship with the software. You should move your older post-processors to the My_PostP folder in v10.5 and make sure you properly check the boxes to migrate your post-processors when v11 comes out.

For what it's worth, Vectric can't keep track of all the individual variations of all the machines that people use. Oftentimes it is the machine manufacturers, not Vectric, that create them in the first place. I have had mixed results working with machine manufacturers on post-processors...some of them do a good job and some do a less than good job. For example, sometimes they include things in the post-processor to support their newest machines that don't fit with older machines. Once you have a post-processor that works with your machine, then you should not change it unless something changes about your machine.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

jib2
Vectric Apprentice

Post by jib2 »

Ok, went back to version 9.X and manually copied the post processor in question to the MYPOST directory in version 10.5 but I have not had a chance to test run it on the machine yet. I will post and update after I test run it. Probably tomorrow or day after.

Thanks for all the input everyone, it is much appreciated.

jib2
Vectric Apprentice

Post by jib2 »

Well, the manual migration of the Post Processor from version 9.X got me working again just like before. Yes, I am a happy woodworker once again.

Thank you for all the support this forum provides.