VCarve 10.5 is OUT NOW!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
shelkol
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3

Re: VCarve 10.5 is OUT NOW!

Post by shelkol »

I tried checking the box "visible tool paths to one file' and I get an error "Error the visible tool paths use different tools and the selected post processor does not support tool change' The post processor I'm using is Shapeoko (inch). The problem is I am using the same tool for both paths. One path is a profile and the other is a vcarve. I went back and selected the same tool again, recalculated and tried again with the same issue. VCarve Desktop 10.502

BTW I went into my tool data base and all the standard supplied tools are tool #1. I added 2 and they have the frued part number, but that number now appears as the 60 degree v-bit. The data base in my 10.0 version is the same. Is this normal, should they all be tool 1?.

erickson2404
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3XXL

Post by erickson2404 »

I could use some assistance, I downloaded and installed the newest 10.503 this morning, and now I am trying to run a toolpath to my Shapeoko 3XXL, and i get an error stating Carbide Motion Error In Line 22: Arc Endpoint Error. Can anyone explain why i get this error with the 10.503 and did not get the error with 10.5?
CM issue with 10.503.PNG

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by gregk »

shelkol wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:51 pm
I tried checking the box "visible tool paths to one file' and I get an error "Error the visible tool paths use different tools and the selected post processor does not support tool change' The post processor I'm using is Shapeoko (inch). The problem is I am using the same tool for both paths. One path is a profile and the other is a vcarve. I went back and selected the same tool again, recalculated and tried again with the same issue. VCarve Desktop 10.502

BTW I went into my tool data base and all the standard supplied tools are tool #1. I added 2 and they have the frued part number, but that number now appears as the 60 degree v-bit. The data base in my 10.0 version is the same. Is this normal, should they all be tool 1?.
Could you send us your file to support@vectric.com so we can have a look?
Regarding tool numbering. If you have an automatic tool changer then tool numbers in the Tool DB have to correspond to the tool changer setup, so it knows which tool to load. As this numbering is something that you have to set-up yourself when using automatic tool changer we just ship the default tool database with all tools set to #1. I hope that makes sense.

Greg K

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by gregk »

erickson2404 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:25 am
I could use some assistance, I downloaded and installed the newest 10.503 this morning, and now I am trying to run a toolpath to my Shapeoko 3XXL, and i get an error stating Carbide Motion Error In Line 22: Arc Endpoint Error. Can anyone explain why i get this error with the 10.503 and did not get the error with 10.5?
CM issue with 10.503.PNG
I'm afraid it is not possible to pinpoint the actual cause of this from the description alone. Could you send us your file and the post-processor used to support@vectric.com so we can have a look?

Greg K

erickson2404
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3XXL

Post by erickson2404 »

I sent the file in, thank you for letting me know to do that.

brilindstrom
Model of CNC Machine: Bobscnc

Post by brilindstrom »

I downloaded 10.5 and updated with the patch. I can save the gcode files and open them in UGS, but the machine won't cut. It doesn't move. I have tried saving it under grbl, where I saved it before and under both of the codes labeled Bobscnc, nothing has worked. I have a Bobscnc 4E and I haven't had any issues with it or VCarve desktop until this update. What am I doing wrong?

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

brilindstrom wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:43 am
I downloaded 10.5 and updated with the patch. I can save the gcode files and open them in UGS, but the machine won't cut. It doesn't move. I have tried saving it under grbl, where I saved it before and under both of the codes labeled Bobscnc, nothing has worked. I have a Bobscnc 4E and I haven't had any issues with it or VCarve desktop until this update. What am I doing wrong?
Hi,

Make sure you are using the exact same Post Processor you were using before. Copy it to your new updated software’s Post Processor folder to be sure it’s exactly the same one.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Woody Jr
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro Ar8 V5

Post by Woody Jr »

I installed 10.504 and then it noted that 10.505 is available. I logged into the Vectric web site and checked to see indeed 10.505 is available. Nothing was listed. I was told not to use notification in vectric vcarve pro as a source to update the software. Any suggestions?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

For patch releases the update notification is the way to go although there is always the option of downloading the full version but that doesn't always update at the same time.

The advice you were given was probably for the major update from 10 to 10.5, those are generally full installs rather than patches.

jfederer
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CanCam D23M

Post by jfederer »

Woody: normally using the in-program link is the simplest and safest. It always works for me. You've probably read about unusual situations with disconnected machines.
Joe Federer

www.fabrikisto.com incl. Tailmaker software
www.federer.ca

hooby
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3

Post by hooby »

I just successfully updated to VCarve Desktop 10.505 using Help/Check for Updates.

The Release notes still only say what was changed for 10.503. Anyone know for sure what fixes were implemented in 504 and 505?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

hooby wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:17 pm
I just successfully updated to VCarve Desktop 10.505 using Help/Check for Updates.

The Release notes still only say what was changed for 10.503. Anyone know for sure what fixes were implemented in 504 and 505?
Release notes are displaying ok for me:-

Code: Select all

Fixed issue with TP_DIR post-processor variable showing the temporary path.

Fixed issue with tape splitting not copying extra toolpath files

Updated VTransfer to V2.11

Fix 3D view zoom to selected component

Fix Grbl post-processor issues (ramp issue and missing feed rate)

Fix Array Copy toolpath editing

Fix profile toolpath cut depth check

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

Thanks Adrian!
It wasn't showing on mine either.
scott

BOY...haven't used machine in 10 weeks and just cut some Maple insert reinforcements for cheap MDF.....
You don't use it...You lose it! :oops:
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

hooby
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3

Post by hooby »

Thanks.

But very weird that this link:
https://docs.vectric.com/docs/V10.5/VCa ... tes-10.505

only shows the notes upto 10.503

I have tried it in Explorer and Chrome. It doesn't work at all in Firefox (blank Page). I have clleaed the cache - I guess it might work after a complete re-boot - which I will do later today.
No big deal - just thought Vectric Web master might want to know....

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Looks like the VCarve notes haven't been updated but the Aspire one has.