VCarve 10.5 is OUT NOW!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Woody Jr
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro Ar8 V5

Re: VCarve 10.5 is OUT NOW!

Post by Woody Jr »

Thanks for your help with updates Joe and Adrian. All seemed to work fine.

shelkol
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3

Post by shelkol »

Hi, I'm using 10.505 and Carbide Motion 5.13 which I think are the latest for both. I am also getting the Arc End Point Error. I looked at the g code and it looked OK to me ( But that doesn't mean anything :)) I went back to 10.22 and built and ran the same file. I am not seeing any arc's specified in that file. Using shapeoko (inch) to save the gcode file.

Thanks
Sheldon
gregk wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:24 am
erickson2404 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:25 am
I could use some assistance, I downloaded and installed the newest 10.503 this morning, and now I am trying to run a toolpath to my Shapeoko 3XXL, and i get an error stating Carbide Motion Error In Line 22: Arc Endpoint Error. Can anyone explain why i get this error with the 10.503 and did not get the error with 10.5?
CM issue with 10.503.PNG
I'm afraid it is not possible to pinpoint the actual cause of this from the description alone. Could you send us your file and the post-processor used to support@vectric.com so we can have a look?

Greg K

burly
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3xxl

Post by burly »

I just downloaded 10.505 and I am also getting this Arc endpoint error on my Shapoeko 3XXL. It has happened on 2 file so far. I have sent an email to support with the gcode file. post processor is shapeoko inch.

fretsman68
Vectric Wizard

Post by fretsman68 »

Adrian wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:12 pm
Looks like the VCarve notes haven't been updated but the Aspire one has.
Thanks for posting that Adrian, my (V Carve ) release notes weren't updated either so I appreciate that!
--------------
Dave

OCEdesigns
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4 Extended with VCarve Pro 10.5

Post by OCEdesigns »

So far I love the changes. Only issue I have noticed as of now is when I click Start on the Pendant, it will move the spindle up to the safe distance and then sit there for about 6 -7 seconds before moving to the start position. Not sure if this is a glitch or an added safety thing for some reason.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

OCEdesigns wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:30 pm
So far I love the changes. Only issue I have noticed as of now is when I click Start on the Pendant, it will move the spindle up to the safe distance and then sit there for about 6 -7 seconds before moving to the start position. Not sure if this is a glitch or an added safety thing for some reason.
Looking at the new post processor for the Next Wave machines a 5 second pause has been added after the retract to safe z and the spindle has turned on so it's meant to be like that now rather than a glitch.

OCEdesigns
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4 Extended with VCarve Pro 10.5

Post by OCEdesigns »

Adrian wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:57 pm
OCEdesigns wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:30 pm
Looking at the new post processor for the Next Wave machines a 5 second pause has been added after the retract to safe z and the spindle has turned on so it's meant to be like that now rather than a glitch.
Thanks for the info!!

jmendenhall22
Model of CNC Machine: shapeoko xxl

Post by jmendenhall22 »

Since I updated 10. to 10.5 then 10.503? to newest version I can't load tool paths into Carbide create. I did not have any problems with 10.5.
I have latest version of Carbide Create as well. ( Is there a better program to run on Shapeoko xxl, Im looking at getting a laser upgrade if I can talk with someone who can help me some where someday)

I am very new and do not know much about anything I read on line at the forums.
I am very basic user at this time.
I do know, with 10. I had no issues and when I tried to use old version 10. then I get error stating files done with 10.503 i think was the latest version it said, none the less I can't run any of my files tool paths anymore.
As I am new looking at the boards help me very little to none.
I realize I got in over my head with your program but it is what it is now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated providing I can under stand.
Is there a videos out that will help me.
I like the videos but didn't see one addressing this new upgrade issues..

Thank you

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3XXL; JTech7W; V-CarvePro 12.004

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

If you have Vcarve you don't need Carbide Create from Carbide3D. Each program does about the same thing, only Vcarve does it so much better and easier.

Once you've created your toolpaths in Vcarve, you must save them as GCODE. That gcode file is then what your Shapeoko will use to cut your toolpaths.

That gcode is loaded into Carbide Motion (CM) on a PC that is connected to your Shapeoke via a USB port.

Is this how you see the workflow?
Tex — Crooked Wood Products
Now there's a man with an open mind – you can feel the breeze from here.

jmendenhall22

Post by jmendenhall22 »

jmendenhall22 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:27 pm
Since I updated 10. to 10.5 then 10.503? to newest version I can't load tool paths into Carbide create. I did not have any problems with 10.5.
I have latest version of Carbide Create as well. ( Is there a better program to run on Shapeoko xxl, Im looking at getting a laser upgrade if I can talk with someone who can help me some where someday)

I do know, with 10. I had no issues and when I tried to use old version 10. then I get error stating files done with 10.503 i think was the latest version it said, none the less I can't run any of my files tool paths anymore.

Thank you

Update I found a toolpath that would load but after initializing machine and zeroing
When I went to run on carbide motion went in totally wrong direction and busted my bit.
Since upgrade now I am afraid to even run the projects.
Why is my setup so busted now.

jmendenhall22

Post by jmendenhall22 »

jmendenhall22 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:34 am
jmendenhall22 wrote:

Thank you

Update I found a toolpath that would load but after initializing machine and zeroing
When I went to run on carbide motion went in totally wrong direction and busted my bit.

Sorry I use Carbide motion not Carbide Create.

jmendenhall22

Post by jmendenhall22 »

jmendenhall22 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:35 am
jmendenhall22 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:34 am
jmendenhall22 wrote:

Thank you

Sorry I use Carbide motion not Carbide Create.

My setup worked until I updated to new improved program.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

If you save a file with 10.5 you can't load it into 10. That's not a new issue. That's the way most software works. The old version knows nothing about the features of the new version so it can't read the files.

There were issues with the post processors for your setup in the early versions of 10.5 so if you've run a toolpath file created with the first version it's not likely to work. Anything created with 10.505 and later should be fine.

Your posts are quite confusing as you're continually stacking your comments in quoted text. There's no need to do that. Just type what you want to say and don't quote unless you're referring to something someone else has said.

AdamJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by AdamJ »

Hi jmendenhall22,

I think the problem you are facing is to do with Arcs and the carbide motion controller. I've sent you a private message to ask for some more information.

Cheers,
Adam

timon
Model of CNC Machine: MPCNC runnign GRBL

Post by timon »

Repeated so deleted