Making clipart?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Mikehell
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: eBay special China 3040

Making clipart?

Post by Mikehell »

Is there any way at all to make clipart of relief carvings? I can (and have) download stuff from Design And Make. Is there a way to make something like this myself? Tried both V-Carve and Aspire. Can't seem to find a way.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Making clipart?

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Mike,

I’m not sure I’m understanding your question. The Aspire software has all the necessary tools and features to create your own relief-model ClipArt.

There are numerous video tutorials that show the process. Do you need some additional clarification beyond those resources? Maybe we can help.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Mikehell
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: eBay special China 3040

Post by Mikehell »

mtylerfl wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:16 pm
Hi Mike,

I’m not sure I’m understanding your question. The Aspire software has all the necessary tools and features to create your own relief-model ClipArt.

There are numerous video tutorials that show the process. Do you need some additional clarification beyond those resources? Maybe we can help.
I want to make clipart that can be used in V-Carve. There seems to be 2 different formats (3VM, and Vclipp) for clipart, I can't figure out how to make either one.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Mike,

Ok. Thank you for the additional info.

When you create a model that you want to use for importing into the VCarve software (using Aspire or any other suitable software), you need to save it as a “third-party” format such as STL or OBJ (most commonly as STL).

You cannot create/save your model as a v3m format, as that is a special format only Vectric and Design and Make can create.

You can save a model as the 3dClip format (using Aspire), BUT that format cannot be imported into the VCarve software.

Thus, save a model as a “third-party” format if you want to be able to import it into a VCarve project. As you know, you can import only ONE third-party model format into an individual VCarve project. This is one of the MAIN differences between Aspire and VCarve software. (Aspire has NO LIMIT as to how many third-party models can be imported.)
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC