Vcarve Pro not importing Sketchup2020

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
thomas61
Model of CNC Machine: Shop Sabre

Vcarve Pro not importing Sketchup2020

Post by thomas61 »

Hello,
I recently purchased Sketchup 2020 for use on our cnc. Trouble is every time I try to import an skp file I get a message which states that Sketchup 2020 is not supported by vcarve and that I need to locate a version prior to 2018. Any help would be appreciated.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Vcarve Pro not importing Sketchup2020

Post by martin54 »

Do you not have the option to save as an older version in sketch up? The problem will probably be that sketch up have made changes & 3rd party import filters such as those used by Vectric haven't caught up yet. I would contact support if your having problems

thomas61
Model of CNC Machine: Shop Sabre

Post by thomas61 »

Thanks Martin,
There is no tech support for sketchup, only a forum. No help there. Also, I have no option to save as an earlier version. Guess when they stated their product was compatible with Vectric products it was just the sales person trying to sell the product. Live and Learn....

rtibbs
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot desktop

Post by rtibbs »

You have to save it as 2019 then it should import to V-Carve. At least that’s what I have been told as I don’t have or use Sketchup

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Sketchup has the ability to save as multiple different versions from the Save As menu. Choose Save As from the File Menu and then click on the Save as type dropdown at the bottom of the Save dialog and you'll see the different options.