Y-axis Soft Limit Error

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
GR Hiatt
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna CNC, Laguna Model 1600Y rotary

Y-axis Soft Limit Error

Post by GR Hiatt »

I am new to the forum, and have limited experience using a rotary CNC. I have previously been successful creating items on the rotary CNC, but I am unable to figure out what is wrong with the job that I am working on. I want to create a very simple leg for a table that I am working on, but I keep getting the out of Y-axis soft limit error. I am attaching a screen capture showing the set-up. I expect that I have made a very simple error, but I cannot seem to work it out. I would appreciate any advice or help.

Gerry Hiatt
Attachments
Capture.JPG

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Re: Y-axis Soft Limit Error

Post by TReischl »

That is a machine error, not a software error. Soft limits are set in the control software. Has nothing to do with Vectric software.

Your best bet to get the most responses would be to post on a forum for your machine.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

GR Hiatt
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna CNC, Laguna Model 1600Y rotary

Post by GR Hiatt »

Thank you for the quick response. I will try Laguna.

Cheers,

Gerry

Steve Misher
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR4

Post by Steve Misher »

This message: Y-axis soft limit error is saying the you are trying to cut further than the Y axis can actually travel and the spindle or router can't move that far. As an example, if your Y travel is 24" and you are trying to cut 26".

tomgardiner
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: FMT Patriot 4 x8

Post by tomgardiner »

Have a look for any stray vectors on your drawing. Go to the 2D view and press F for fill screen view. You could have a vector somewhere in space that may be messing with your toolpath.