Problems with Vector Selection Order toolpath

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
dakotablue
Model of CNC Machine: opensource

Re: Problems with Vector Selection Order toolpath

Post by dakotablue »

If your parts are moving around because you're using tabs on 1/4" material, lose the tabs and use masking tape and super glue and a sharp cutter with proper feed rate. I always cut thin material using this method. Tabs merely keep the material from coming apart after its cut. They are not designed to stop flex. Just trying to relate how I handle this problem if that's really your problem.

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

mrmfwilson wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:01 pm
I guess you didn't know that if you use an outside path and change a hole vector direction it will cut inside. That way I don't have to make two paths. Changing the direction of the vector changes which side the bit cuts on when you use either the inside or outside path. Yeah, I still don't like your comment. It was unnecessary.
Yup, I have to agree, making two paths is a lot of work. Select tool path, click right mouse button, click on duplicate, click on Inside or Outside, click on Calculate. Definitely way too taxing if you ask me. 5 mouse clicks at least. I don't know if my fingers have that many clicks left in them. I would need a beer or three after all that work.

And yea, I did know that it operated that way, only been running this stuff for over 13 years now. And no, I do not do it because it is downright goofy. If the hole sizes need to be changed but not the outer profiles the cuts are bound up in one path. Nothing like having inside cuts labeled as being outside. Like I said, I do not know anyone else who tries to bind up inside cuts with an outside tool path on this planet. There may be someone besides you but they have not posted about it on this forum.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

I'm locking this topic, it seems everything that can be said has been said.