X axis no longer aligned

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
RobynT
Model of CNC Machine: CanCam D23M

X axis no longer aligned

Post by RobynT »

Hey...firstly let me apologize as my lingo is not up to par. Recently, my x axis is no longer homing to the right position after cuts....between 1/2 inch and up to 6. When I do the inner cuts of letters they are way off from my outer cuts, making all my cuts useless. I have been unable to pinpoint how to correct this issue, has this ever happened to anyone and what have you done to fix?

Thanks in advance.

Robyn

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Re: X axis no longer aligned

Post by Leo »

There are soooooo many different machines on the market it is near impossible to answer a specific question on a specific machine.

Have you gone back to your machine manufacturer to ask the question?

Not knowing how robust your machine is, it is extremely difficult to answer the question.

You will get tons of guesses for sure.

What RPMs and feedrates are you running? What is your depth of cut? What material are you cutting? What size cutter? How many flutes? What spindle do you have?
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

Robyn,
It sounds like a machine problem.
It could have been caused by too aggressive of toolpath strategy, for example, too fast for the speed, too deep for the cutting, etc.
This would cause you machine to loos steps, or better said, it's place in the universe.
Or, it could be that the motors that run you X,Y & Z axis are failing, along with the steppers / servos.
It would be helpful to know what you have the software set to , Feeds and Speeds and Pass depth with the size of bit you're using, so we eliminate that.

Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

jfederer
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CanCam D23M

Post by jfederer »

Robyn,

I also have a D23M. You should contact CanCam and explain the problem. I had a similar but not nearly as bad a problem with the Z axis mis-aligning by about 1mm on critical cuts. They had me reprogram some settings, and the problem vanished. I think they increased the step instruction delay or something like that. In any case, it's definitely a machine problem. I've found Tom and the folks at CanCam to be very responsive.
Joe Federer

www.fabrikisto.com incl. Tailmaker software
www.federer.ca