Circle resizer Gadget

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
ezurick

Re: Circle resizer Gadget

Post by ezurick »

rtibbs2018 wrote:Oh, I think there is room for all of us. Don’t have to read it if you’re not interested
The point is that there is a forum just for the subject. I wasn't trying to be a dick. Sure I can pass from reading. Just as you could have passed from reading my comment and posting your comment.

Mark's Wood Chips
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre 23 with Rotary

Post by Mark's Wood Chips »

Adrian wrote:The advantage of the gadget is it's a one step process whereas with the offset you have to use the vector selector first to select which circles you want. Of course if you're doing all of them then they're as good as each other.
I get this dialog box if I don't pre-select the circles even though the gadget seems to allow selection afterwards. Any idea why this is happening?

Mark
Attachments
Circle Resize Dialog
Circle Resize Dialog

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

The script is looking for circles to be resized therefore if there are no circles selected/highlighted the requester pop-up comes into view. It is just letting you know that the next time you run the gadget to be sure to select the circles first.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Mark's Wood Chips
Vectric Craftsman

sharkcutup wrote:The script is looking for circles to be resized therefore if there are no circles selected/highlighted the requester pop-up comes into view. It is just letting you know that the next time you run the gadget to be sure to select the circles first.

Sharkcutup
I get that but it doesn't answer my original question. Adrian indicated that using the circle gadget was a one step process so pre-selection was unnecessary.

Mark

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Mark,

You DO have to select the circles first. Are you entering the menu values so that the circles fall within the suitable setting/perimeters?
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Mark's Wood Chips wrote:
sharkcutup wrote:The script is looking for circles to be resized therefore if there are no circles selected/highlighted the requester pop-up comes into view. It is just letting you know that the next time you run the gadget to be sure to select the circles first.

Sharkcutup
I get that but it doesn't answer my original question. Adrian indicated that using the circle gadget was a one step process so pre-selection was unnecessary.

Mark
It's one step in that you don't need to run two commands to get the selection. With both methods you have to have a selection to start. With the gadget you can press Ctrl-A to select all vectors and it will then only operate on the ones that meet your parameters. With the offset method you would need to select just the circles you wanted with the vector selector unless you had pre-assigned to layers etc. Of course with the gadget you can only resize a set diameter circle whereas with the offset method you can enlarge many different diameter circles by a fixed amount. Each method has it's advantages and disadvantages.

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

There is a caution note with use to the gadget I will mention here!

Once you use the gadget you cannot undo (Ctrl-z) the new sizes, but you can re-use the gadget to change them back or to another size.

With the Offset you can use undo (Ctrl-z)

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Mark's Wood Chips
Vectric Craftsman

OK, I finally get how it works thanks to everyone's help. Of interest, after successfully running the gadget on a test file, I closed out and did not receive a warning to save because the file had changed. Maybe that's a characteristic of gadgets in general?

Mark

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Not always as it depends on exactly what the gadget has done. There is no undo though as Sharkcutup has pointed out. That's something I would dearly love gadgets to have as I use a lot of them every day and I get caught out a few times when I make a simple mistake.