Error Import Failed

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
jamin35008
Model of CNC Machine: Openbuilds Lead 1010

Error Import Failed

Post by jamin35008 »

Capture.PNG
I keep getting this message when trying to import a .stl created from the program demto3d. I'm using QGIS to align a road map over a terrain feature made from touchterrain. When I recreate the now scaled terrain feature as a .stl and try to open in vcarve I get the message above. I'm able to open other .stl files just fine.

I'm using vcarve desktop version 10.019 and windows 7 if that matters. I have played around with many different settings in the demto3d plugin before creating the .stl but all get the same result. I'm going to keep trying but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what might be the cause for this message.

Mark's Wood Chips
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre 23 with Rotary

Re: Error Import Failed

Post by Mark's Wood Chips »

This is a long shot but have you tried renaming the STL file by eliminating all the periods (except the one before stl) in the file name?

Mark

jamin35008

Post by jamin35008 »

Mark's Wood Chips wrote:This is a long shot but have you tried renaming the STL file by eliminating all the periods (except the one before stl) in the file name?

Mark
Good thought Mark but unfortunately still get the error.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Can you open the STL with another program such as 3D Builder or 3D Viewer? It may be a corrupt STL. If you got it online you might try downloading it again.
John
Maker of Chips

jamin35008

Post by jamin35008 »

highpockets wrote:Can you open the STL with another program such as 3D Builder or 3D Viewer? It may be a corrupt STL. If you got it online you might try downloading it again.
I originally created the stl from touchterrain. I tried opening in 3dviewer.net and that to gave me an error. I will try and create another stl and see if that was the problem.