Your Opinions/Comments Remote Access Training/Help

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Re: Your Opinions/Comments Remote Access Training/Help

Post by scottp55 »

Shark,
I'm a little late to the party, but I was just thinking maybe a better topic for consideration would be the Shark itself?
Something you're Very familiar with. And a Niche market:)

I know that people say when they come here on a one on one basis....
they are a LOT more comfortable with their new machines with us just going over the machine and operating system basics.
Everybody urged me to visit a Shopbotter before starting, but with ride difficulty..I didn't...and had to start totally from scratch making all kinds of errors.
They say a day of hands on training can jump start you by months!

Just thinking if you could be talking them through the basics..after they set up...and before the cut..there might be a market for one on one?

Maybe a small simple project from start to finish for a second session?

As I said...just thinking.
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

I did remote access support for Aspire a long time ago when rotary support was in the very early stages.

I'd say that 99.95% of the time the best support will come from the videos and forum.

There are a few cases where live/remote support may be needed, but where live/in-person is not practical. Sometimes there is a missed mouse-move or extra keystroke that is missed without direct observation.

I'd recommend having specific charges for this service, even if YOU don't need the money, but so that those USING the service value it and your time.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

Thank You Fellow Forum Members,

Your comments and advice are valued and appreciated!

Oh and Scottp55 I have been following your threads on your branch carvings and some of your other notable works of art. Fantastically AWESOME woodwork I must say!!! Keep up the good work and keep them coming!!!

BTW - I have learned a lot of what I know from most of you fellow members here on this forum and still do not know it all and probably won't either. The Vectric Software is extensively AWESOME!!!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 12.004

joejinky
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Samson 510 CNC Plasma Table

Post by joejinky »

I use a software program called DesignEdge. It is the proprietary software that runs the PlasmaCam, Samson 510 and GoTorch CNC plasma cutting machines.

I became fairly good at the software, and I often help others to learn how to "Make Money In Metal Art!" as PlasmaCam promises.

I do online training by linking computers together in an online conference. I used to use TEAM VIEWER, but PlasmaCam decided that owners of tables who have not paid for software upgrades should NOT be able to use another person's upgraded software for a project, so they put the kibosh on Team Viewer. DesignEdge WILL NOT RUN if Team Viewer is on the same PC. Any other screen sharing program that gives remote keyboard and mouse control is also coded OUT of DesignEdge.

I searched, and finally found FREECONFERENCE.COM which allows us to VIEW each other's monitors and webcams, but it does NOT allow remote access to a keyboard, mouse or any files on the remote PC.

I also travel to remote locations to do one-on-one personal training at people's homes and businesses. I am told I do not charge enough, at $400.00 per day, paying all of my own expenses out of that fee. I do it more for the FUN than the profit. I like the software, and I like teaching others how to get the most out of it.

I would like to learn more about V-Carve. I need to spend time on the training videos. So much to learn. so little time!

Joe
http://flic.kr/s/aHsk7y47ff

joejinky
Vectric Apprentice

Post by joejinky »

How does one access the official V-Carve training videos?

Link?

Thanks!

Joe

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Vectric.com
Image 761.png
John
Maker of Chips

joejinky
Vectric Apprentice

Post by joejinky »

Ah yes. Waaaaaayyyy down at the bottom, there is a small link. I would think it would be more prominent!

Joe

jay pieper
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: laguna swift 4x4

Post by jay pieper »

Mr. Shark...

You have started a very interesting thread here on the forum. I understand what you are trying
to do and I commend you for it. Having read through all the posts several times, and looking at
what people think about remote access training I wish you the best of luck.

I guess my first thought was how can you break down all the content in vcarve pro to fit the needs
of all the people out there off on their own road in what ever part of the program they are trying to
become proficient in.

As for me right now I have modified my machine so that I can do vertical cutting off the front of
the machine. I got off on this tangent merely because I wanted to be able to create wood joints
of my own design.

It forced me to dig into the node editing tutorials and get on utube and see what was out there and
see how other people were doing this. I guess my point is that if people want to learn the information
is already out there.

I will end with this thought, I jumped around the program for about 6 months accomplishing not much
before I decided to learn one thing at a time. When I figured that out I moved on to the next challenge
and after a year or so I started to gain the confidence to try bigger things.

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

joejinky,

Thank you for chiming in with your insight and comments. They are helpful, interesting and appreciated!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro 12.004

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Joe wrote:
Ah yes. Waaaaaayyyy down at the bottom, there is a small link. I would think it would be more prominent!
Within VCarve or Aspire: Help/Video Tutorial Browser
VideoTutorial.PNG
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

From Jay Pieper,
I guess my point is that if people want to learn the information
is already out there.
Yes, I agree with you there is plenty information available (the forum, the tutorials and videos, YouTube videos, ...etc. But there are those individuals out there that are getting "narrow answers" or "they just do not get it!" This is where I am looking to help!

Thank you for your insight and comments! :)

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro 12.004

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

No offense meant to the forum members here by the "narrow answers" comment! But it does happen and I know that it happens for a reason --- to get the individual who is posting a thread here to "act" in searching through all the another avenues first before posting a thread here. I am guilty of taking the short way out at times too! We all have at one time or another it is just 'a human's poor habits', I guess!

Sorry If I offended anyone out there it was not intended! It was a statement/fact for information's sake!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro 12.004

Aussie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Robotics Model 8

Post by Aussie »

sharkcutup wrote:I am interested in getting opinions/comments from forum members as to your feelings towards Remote Access Training and/or One-on-One Problem Solving (for Newbies).

Examples: Understanding Various Depth Settings, How to create a form tool for the Tool Database, etc....

Would it be beneficial?

Tell me what you think!

Sharkcutup
Sorry late to the party as well...
I believe that one on one mentoring is very valuable and people like myself are willing to pay for the advice and training.
Yes without a doubt the training videos and this forum have solved many of my problems and provided project inspiration, as well as attending training at Axiom twice.

If you wish to take this further let me know.
Ron
Ron
Crafers Crafts

Dan O
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko XXL

Post by Dan O »

Please allow me to add my thoughts. The tutorials are an excellent way to learn the "how" of the program. But leaves many questions about the "why" unanswered. That's where I struggle. For instance, I'm doing the layout on the "waving bear" sign hack. Adding the bear's paws to the edge of the sign, the models merge into each other. I know I can tilt the paws, I can change the model height, or I can add to the base. The tutorials don't explain which, in this instance, is the right way to go. How do I know which is best? I'm guessing, there's a right answer. Asking an experienced user seems a reasonable path to take. I don't see that as "taking the easy way out" or looking for "instant gratification". I see it as learning from the masters. That's how legacy knowledge is passed on. I would be willing to "donate" to a good cause and learn something too.

joejinky
Vectric Apprentice

Post by joejinky »

Rcnewcomb wrote:Joe wrote:
Within VCarve or Aspire: Help/Video Tutorial Browser
VideoTutorial.PNG
Would you look at that!

Thanks!

Joe