Job Setup Sheet

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
rgerding
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Iconic 2015

Job Setup Sheet

Post by rgerding »

In the Vectric newsletter, Beki's Top Tip refers to a Job Setup Sheet printout. I am using the Vcarve Desktop. I assume it's not available for this version since I cannot find it. Is that the case?
Ron
If sawdust were gold, I'd be very rich

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Job Setup Sheet

Post by Adrian »

That's correct. It's only available on the Pro versions and Aspire.

TomGB
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: SharkHD4

Post by TomGB »

That sure would be a nice thing to add for us Desktoppers!!!

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510,24x48 GCnC/WinCNC

Post by dealguy11 »

I think the official term for this in Vectric's terminology is "incentive to upgrade".
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

Agree with previous post!!!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 12.005

TomGB
Vectric Craftsman

Post by TomGB »

OK, so let me ask, I'm a weekend CNC guy. Make things for friends and family when and if I have time. I have VCarve Desktop and a Shark HD4, is it worth the add'l cost to get VCarve Pro? I look at the additional features and they really don't look like much that would help me with the things I work on.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Only you can really answer that question. I use the extra features all the time (gadgets, nesting, toolpath templates, merge toolpaths etc) and of course with an 8' x 4' machine a 2' x 2' limitation would be a show stopper.

I wouldn't think you would see any benefit if I was to be honest with a small machine and just doing things as a hobby.

As an aside I find it interesting how many people here and on other forums and Facebook all seem to want the Job Sheet. I've never used it (other than beta testing) and don't have any need of it. I guess that shows how much the choice of product is down to individual circumstances.

jfederer
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CanCam D23M

Post by jfederer »

Probably not. Unless you need the more advanced features, Desktop is fully capable. The main reason I upgraded was to be able to tile the jobs for my 2x3' machine.

Just saw Adrian's comment, and I am in the same position - checked out Job Sheet to see what it does, and have never used it.
Joe Federer

www.fabrikisto.com incl. Tailmaker software
www.federer.ca

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

I use the Job Sheet all the time for I have my V-Carve Pro in the comfort of my home at a desk next to my kitchen refrigerator :roll: . My CNC Machine is in my workshop at back of home. I print the job sheet out as a reference and it gets filed away for future use/reference. I hand carry the job sheet, a USB drive containing my file to be carved, and a beverage from the frig to the workshop.

The Job sheet has been a very handy feature for me. (the ole memory not like it used to be too for remembering things like what bit is needed for which toolpath etc..., etc...)

I also have a copy of V-Carve on the workshop computer for quick changes too!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 12.005

TomGB
Vectric Craftsman

Post by TomGB »

Thanks, I think I'll stick with Desktop, so far it's done everything I've needed.

boatman811
Model of CNC Machine: Pirhana FX

Post by boatman811 »

For a while I thought that the job setup sheet would be a nice feature. I also use desktop and was frustrated that I could not get it. I came to realize that the printouts would just be another sheet of paper that I would print, file and probably never look at again. I keep track of what tool to use and what the toolpath will do by naming it with all the info I need. So when I take my thumb drive to my machine I can easily see what bit to use and which tool path to select. I have also learned to keep my thumb drive clean and only have on it the tool paths needed for the job I am working on. Sure saves a lot of time to not have to scroll looking for the right job and tool path.