Vcarve Pro Travel speeds/Rpms trouble

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Re: Vcarve Pro Travel speeds/Rpms trouble

Post by TReischl »

Kevin Crawford wrote:I just did a test cut in air of this and it does indeed cut at the 18000rpms. However, in the past I've looked at the VFD and seen it running at minimum. Something like 1600-1700rpms during cuts. You think this might be a Post Processor issue? Should I contact Vectric or Shopsabre for this if that the case?
Looks like mystery is solved, no?

If that spindle is only going 1600 rpms that explains a lot.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

carbidetooth
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre Pro 408

Post by carbidetooth »

Kevin, it seems we have almost identical machines with exception of the spindle, I opted for the larger one. I can't speak to the Moziak software as I haven't used it, but the only cutter I've broken using Vectric software was result of me forgetting to turn breaker on and it drove my non-spinning 3/8" comp cutter right into a sheet of ply. Tink! Since then I've cut all kinds of things without issue, other than operator error, including cabinet components.

The post processor I've always used, on ShopSabre's recommendation is "Shopsabre ATC Speed Arc (inch)(*.tap)" I've glanced at the VFD a few times but all pertinent info has been displayed on ShopSabre Screen, which I believe is their adaptation of WIN CNC. I wonder if the "speed" in the post has something to do with your troubles.

tomgardiner
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: FMT Patriot 4 x8

Post by tomgardiner »

There is always the possibility of a typo in your tool setup. Check your rpm settings to see if you missed a zero. Not that I have ever done anything like that.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Kevin Crawford wrote:Got it thanks. I use the Shopsabre ATC (inch)(*.tap)
I would think that "ShopSabre ATC Speed Arc (inch)" would be a better choice but double check with Shopsabre first.

Mark Bolton
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre408PRO-10HPHSD-10posATC-WinCNC

Post by Mark Bolton »

Adrian nailed it. Bad post processor. Reading through it sounded very familiar. When we setup our SS machine several years ago SS had to send me a speeds/arcs/inch post because the post included with VCarve at the time was not correct. Do yourself a favor and mail Logan or someone and make sure you have the most current post.

Totally clear why you were snapping tooling. Your file was running with the spindle speed being whatever the slider in wincnc was sitting at. No good. Too bad it took you so much costly tooling to find the problem.

Good habbit to get it is to really pay attention to your ears, sound of the spindle whipping up, sound in the cut, and so on. It will usually point you to something wrong or something youve missed.

Kevin Crawford
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre pro 408

Post by Kevin Crawford »

Thanks Guys.
I've been running several files with the new post processor with no issues. I cant tell you how good it feels to run these files faster and without fear of snapping bits.