2020 User Group Meeting - San Diego

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
dlpetker
Model of CNC Machine: Next Wave & Axiom

Re: 2020 User Group Meeting - San Diego

Post by dlpetker »

Morning from Arizona.

I am happy to see that San Diego was picked for the 2020 User Group meeting. Have visited San Diego many times and find it a great place to spend time. I am attaching an Excel spreadsheet with a few examples of things to see and do while in San Diego.

Regards, Darryl

gjforeman
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3-XL

Post by gjforeman »

Paid for my trip to the San Diego Meeting, and booked the second night at the Double Tree, but the night before the meeting starts was full up. Ended up booking that night at a Best Western a few miles away. We're in Southern California, but about 100 miles north, near Ontario, CA. A question for prior User Group visitors . . .

My wife is going to the meeting with me, but not as a paid attendee. Not a woodworker. Quilting is her thing. Are the displays of CNC projects on display normally open to the public, or only to paid attendees? Asked this of the Vectric staff but no reply so far.

Thanks,
George Foreman

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

George just like most conferences I've attended the display area is open the the attendees only, however I believe spouses were allowed to browse also.
John
Maker of Chips

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

gjforeman wrote:Paid for my trip to the San Diego Meeting, and booked the second night at the Double Tree, but the night before the meeting starts was full up. Ended up booking that night at a Best Western a few miles away. We're in Southern California, but about 100 miles north, near Ontario, CA. A question for prior User Group visitors . . .

My wife is going to the meeting with me, but not as a paid attendee. Not a woodworker. Quilting is her thing. Are the displays of CNC projects on display normally open to the public, or only to paid attendees? Asked this of the Vectric staff but no reply so far.

Thanks,
George Foreman
At the last UGM, my wife really enjoyed the exhibit room. At least last year, exhibits were open to all. Plus, my wife is really into needlepoint.

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Post by Stephanie Downing »

gjforeman wrote:Paid for my trip to the San Diego Meeting, and booked the second night at the Double Tree, but the night before the meeting starts was full up. Ended up booking that night at a Best Western a few miles away. We're in Southern California, but about 100 miles north, near Ontario, CA. A question for prior User Group visitors . . .

Thanks,
George Foreman
Hi George,

It's great to hear you will be joining us in San Diego for our upcoming User Group Meeting.

Our partner exhibits are not generally open to the public, however if your wife wishes to join you to look around the room during break times and lunchtimes we are more than happy for her to do so.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Stephanie