i see alphacam can do that easy
just i but the numbers in the design
have VCarve pro do that ?

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: cabinet

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Vcarve works well with SketchUp. You can do the design in SketchUp and then import the design from SketchUp into VCarve to generate the toolpaths.

VCarve/SketchUp Overview
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

sedawi
Model of CNC Machine: CHINA

Post by sedawi »

thank you for your replay
you not understand me
i do works for Carpenter
they give me design and give me size for one kitchen
i need to do the work in CNC
in alphacam i do that. i just but the sizes
in Vcarve need to draw every size and to draw the design for each size
i ask if have automatic same alphacam

jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Made 60 x 120

Post by jimandi5000 »

Hi Sedwai,

Welcome to the forum.

What type of cabinets are you looking to build? We have some cabinet gadgets you may want to look at and see if they fit your needs.

http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=33007

:)
Thanks,
Jim

sedawi
Model of CNC Machine: CHINA

Post by sedawi »

thank you
it v 5.2?
what i download?
and it same cabinet parts ?
i see in YouTube now cabinetparts?

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

sedawi wrote:thank you for your replay
you not understand me
i do works for Carpenter
they give me design and give me size for one kitchen
i need to do the work in CNC
in alphacam i do that. i just but the sizes
in Vcarve need to draw every size and to draw the design for each size
i ask if have automatic same alphacam
Trying to understand this further, when the carpenter gives you the design for the cabinet, what is that format? Is it just a hand drawn sketch or a picture of something. I kinda think that is what you are asking... how to get that "design" into Vcarve? I don't think any gadget will help on that. If I am off base, I apologize.

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510,24x48 GCnC/WinCNC

Post by dealguy11 »

Is cabinet making something you will be doing often, or is this for a single one-off project? If you will be making a lot of cabinets, you might be better off choosing special purpose cabinet software (forum won't allow me to post the name of it), which does in fact allow you to set up different kinds of cabinets by selecting a style and entering numbers for the sizes. That kind of software will automatically generate all the parts of the cabinet for you.

There are gadgets and add-ons to the Vectric products, like Cabinetsparts, that may serve your purposes for low-volume cabinet making. I don't use them, so can't talk directly to them. As a professional cabinetmaker, I would choose purpose-made software as it just makes life a lot easier. It is somewhat more expensive but the time savings over the long haul are worth it.

I have to say I'm a little puzzled about your alphacam comments, though. That is a general purpose CAM program and unless you have some kind of add-on for it that generates cabinets then I don't understand how you just enter numbers and get parts. If you're really asking if you can directly enter the size of a vector in VCarve Pro first (like you do in a-cam) and have it generate the square or rectangle or whatever shape you're making, then then answer is "yes". Just click on the shape you want to make in the Drawing pane, and a dialog will pop up that allows you to enter the shape size. Once you click "Apply" it will create that shape to that exact size.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

I agree with the previous post. AlphaCAM is not a cabinet program, and does not itself create cabinet parts.
What it can do, is take files from a cabinet package, and nest and create g-code for cabinets. But you need a cabinet program as well as AlphaCAM. You'd likely be looking at $5000 or more.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

Salmon's lair
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRS Alpha 120-60

Post by Salmon's lair »

Have a look at Cabmaker32 and CutMaster they work within Sketchup to build cabinets then output parts with all drilling and holes for fitting,
they work really well, I import them into Aspire but they will also work with Vcarve Pro