COMING SOON - 12 Projects of Christmas

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Re: COMING SOON - 12 Projects of Christmas

Post by Stephanie Downing »

It's day 5 of our 12 projects of Christmas.

In this video Beki shows you how to create a slot together candle assembly! The project is a quick and easy one to machine and finish, where she touches on some of the key things to remember when working with a slot together project!

To watch the full video and download the FREE project click the link below:
https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... therCandle

Happy making!
Attachments
Slot together Candles
Slot together Candles

BigC
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Workbee

Post by BigC »

These two are comparing lists I think, Double Trouble :lol:
Thanks for the files. They make great ornaments.
I used oak with a couple of clear wax coats. I drilled the holes as I didn't want to take the risk on CNC :roll:
Nordic Santa's.jpg
Regards
C

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

BigC wrote:These two are comparing lists I think, Double Trouble :lol:
Thanks for the files. They make great ornaments.
I used oak with a couple of clear wax coats. I drilled the holes as I didn't want to take the risk on CNC :roll:
Nordic Santa's.jpg
Regards
C

They look fab as hanging ornaments :D

Love the 'Double Trouble' Santa's.

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

We love making interactive projects and this Merry Christmas Puzzle fits the bill. Adults and kids will love getting this decoration out every year and putting it together.

This project will use a trick or two so you can be sure your cutter will cut the letter as expected and so they will fit in their pockets with enough play so not to frustrate little hands.

It’s a simple project that not only will help children learn letters but also create memories that will last a lifetime.

Watch the full video on how Todd created this Christmas project and download the free project files here: https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... tmasPuzzle
Attachments
Merry Christmas Puzzle
Merry Christmas Puzzle

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

Project 7 of our 12 Projects of #Christmas is OUT NOW!

In this video Beki shows you how she designed and toolpaths the Star Dish in VCarve Pro, then follow her journey in the labs where she machines and finishes the star dish!

Watch the full video and download the free project files here: https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... rCandyDish
Attachments
Candy Star Dish
Candy Star Dish

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

Project 8 is available Now!

If you are like my Family, we have several Christmas Tree Ornaments that have been in our Family’s history for more than one or two generations. Every year, when the decoration boxes are opened, it is always hard to see one of them broken beyond repair.

Thanks to this special project next year there will be less of a chance one of our cherished ornament will be lost.

This project starts off in VCarve Pro with the Box Creator Gadget and then is modified to me a 4 sectioned box with VCarving. Don’t panic if you only have the Desktop version of your software and don’t have access to gadgets. We have provided the file I used and one that makes use of .25” thick stock and a .25” Endmill that should fit most needs.

I hope you enjoy this project and even if you don’t need a safe place for your Christmas ornaments this box would make a great memories box with a quick change of the VCarving!

To watch the full video of how Todd created this project and to download the free project files click here: https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... amentalBox

Enjoy and have a very Merry Christmas!
Attachments
8-Ornament Box.jpg

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

Project 9 of our 12 Projects of Christmas is OUT NOW!

In this video Beki shows you how to create a Christmas Beer Caddy! This project is perfect for the beer lover in your life! It’s a fairly quick and simple project to machine with just 2 tools and 5 toolpaths! It requires no gluing or screwing (apart from screwing the wall mountable bottle opener to the side panel!) So it’s just a case of machine, sand, assemble, fill with beers and gift to your favourite person!

Watch the full video on how the project was created and download the free project files here: https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... sBeerCaddy
Attachments
Christmas Beer Caddy
Christmas Beer Caddy

BigC
Vectric Wizard

Post by BigC »

Malt and Barley!...NOW YOUR TALKIN MY KINDA LANGUAGE BEKI 8)
Thank You
Regards
C

RebeccaJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Various

Post by RebeccaJ »

Hey Big C!
You're santas are awesome, I was toying with the idea of making them as hanging ornaments and now I've seen your I think I need to cut some more for hanging! Thank you for sharing them with us! :D
It's not unusual for me to make a beer related project haha, glad you like it! :D
Thanks,
Beki
Beki
Senior Application Engineer - Vectric Ltd.

BigC
Vectric Wizard

Post by BigC »

RebeccaJ wrote:Hey Big C!
You're santas are awesome, I was toying with the idea of making them as hanging ornaments and now I've seen your I think I need to cut some more for hanging! Thank you for sharing them with us! :D
It's not unusual for me to make a beer related project haha, glad you like it! :D
Thanks,
Beki
Ha ha Glad you like the Santa's. You can't just have one :lol:
I have to say that the 12 Days of Christmas projects are nothing less than awesome this year, not only for the finished product but the thought and teaching facilities they have to offer especially for me being a beginner so to speak. I can still make them with my software and my limited knowledge. They also allow for modification which is nice. The Vectric software has been a Godsend for me. Brilliant product Absolutely love it.
Now my only worry is how are all the festive Vectricians going to upstage the 2019 offerings next year lol
Thanks again
Regards
C

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

Project 10 of the 12 projects of Christmas is out now!

This little Snowman family is so easy to make & even more fun to rearrange and mix up. You might event want to create new faces and bodies that better match your own family. Maybe add in a family pet or favourite toy, just make an extra-large block and add your v-carved image.

We chose to use mineral oil as a finish, but have a feeling adults and children alike would have a blast painting these up! Holidays are a time for making special memories and doing things together. We hope you have a safe and enjoyable holiday making some very special moments!

Watch the full video and download the FREE project here: https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... milyBlocks
Attachments
Snowman Family Blocks
Snowman Family Blocks

RebeccaJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Various

Post by RebeccaJ »

Project 11 & 12 of the 12 projects are out now!

Project 11 I show you how to create a Merry Christmas Sign! This project teaches the stacked text technique where you machine a word on top of another word so what better two words to use than “Merry Christmas” for the festive season!

Project 12 is a simple wooden soldier that Todd has created that is an object that instantly reminds us of Christmas where he set out to make something that could be customized with an interesting finishing but look fantastic in its natural wood finish.

We hope that you have all enjoyed the 12 Projects of Christmas this year and I would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to every single member of this forum for all of your inspirational projects, techniques and how-to's, I've certainly learnt a lot here and believe that sharing ideas makes us all better at what we do and make! May 2020 be filled with more projects, support and creativity than ever before!

From all of us here at Vectric, we wish you very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!
Attachments
1280x720_Stacked Text.jpg
12-WoodenSoldier.jpg
Beki
Senior Application Engineer - Vectric Ltd.

rlp17820
Model of CNC Machine: Modified X-Carve, Avid PRO4848

Post by rlp17820 »

I came across a piece of mahogany in my shop that was the perfect size for Project 11. I added a chamfer to the holy using a 60 degree bit to add a little detail. Next I need to clean up the fuzzies and apply a clearcoat.

All in all a good project for the afternoon.

Thanks Beki.
Attachments
MerryChristmas.jpeg

BigC
Vectric Wizard

Post by BigC »

First up (now that the 12 days Xmas projects have all been posted)
Can I just say a very HUGE thank you to all concerned at Vectric for making these excellent projects available to us mortals on the surface. :lol:
They sure are an amazing and excellent mix. Coupled with the finished product (something when finished we can be proud of, bragging rites included) The tutorial vlogs are very informative not only for the job in hand but many of the processes can be transposed into other work.
OK I'll shut up now and just raise a glass to the Vectric Team......MERRY CHRISTMAS

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Post by scotttarnor »

Thank You so much for all the Gifts ! I have only been able to complete one and the Granddaughter loves it !
Attachments
IMG_2143.jpg
Scott T

@scottscnc