Group Item in Toolpath List Fails to Respond to Click

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
CNCDaveToo
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot D2418

Group Item in Toolpath List Fails to Respond to Click

Post by CNCDaveToo »

Group items in the toolpath list fail to respond when a user clicks on them.

Steps to Reproduce:

Code: Select all

a. Add a group to a toolpath list and give it a name like "Side A Pockets"
		b. Click on the item
			Nothing happens
		c. Click again
			Nothing happens
		d. Write a bug report
When a user clicks on an item in a list, she or he should get some feedback that the action has been recognized. It is frustrating to have to "just know" that a right-click is required on a group name. This is especially frustrating given that toolpath items react as expected (the name is selected ((highlighted))).

You might consider selecting (highlighting) the group item in the tree when a user clicks on it. Since the behavior is different from toolpath entries in the list, you might consider an alternate highlighting (underscore? alternate color?) to avoid confusion -- in any case, some form of response to the user would be most helpful.
Be kind.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Group Item in Toolpath List Fails to Respond to Click

Post by Adrian »

It's probably best to send your feature requests/bug reports to support@vectric.com

This is primarily a user to user support forum and not all posts are noticed by Vectric staff.

What is you want to do by clicking on the group name?

CNCDaveToo
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot D2418

Re: Group Item in Toolpath List Fails to Respond to Click

Post by CNCDaveToo »

Ugh -- re: sending feature/bug requests to support@vectric.com -- Roger, Wilco (sorry about the spamming) ((and sorry for the next post that'll show up))

What do I want when I click on a group? Just basic acknowledgement as a user that I clicked on it. (This also leads to future functionality like allowing the use of arrows to move groups within the tree hierarchy.)
Be kind.