VCarve Desktop & Pro Version 10 are available now!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

VCarve Desktop & Pro Version 10 are available now!

Post by Stephanie Downing »

We are delighted to announce the release of VCarve Desktop & Pro V10!

Version 10 is a free upgrade to anyone who has purchased 9.5 within 12 months of the V10 release date and to anyone who has upgraded to V9.5 within 3 months of the release date. Your free upgrade will have been credited to your V&Co account automatically. If you are not entitled to a free upgrade you can purchase the upgrade to VCarve Desktop V10 for $90 USD or VCarve Pro V10 for $175 USD.

To download your free upgrade or to purchase a paid upgrade please login to your V&Co customer account: https://portal.vectric.com/

Videos demonstrating all the new features can be found here:

VCarve Pro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCu3UY6J638

VCarve Desktop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MfSAYSek3E

Version 10 has some impressive enhancements to existing features, as well as some exciting brand-new features including;
• Enhanced 2D Drawing - Intuitively drag multiple vectors and spans to quickly manipulate vectors.
• Node Editing - Can now be performed on multiple vectors at the same time for quicker editing.
• Welding Text - The welding tool now intelligently welds overlapping text, keeping all the internal regions of the text.
• Dynamic Text on a Curve - When text is placed on a curve, its anchor can now be freely moved, rather than being limited to the standard three predefined locations.
• Bitmap Improvements - Directly rotate bitmap images using the rotation handles on the corner of the image.
• Photo VCarving – Effortlessly convert photographs and images into toolpaths producing stylised engraved designs.
• Tool Database - The updated tool database makes naming and storing, machines, materials and tools easier.
• Multiple Clearance Tools - The VCarve toolpath now supports multiple clearance tools for more efficient area clearance. This can help shorten machining time and reduce tool wear.
• Improved Nesting - See all the outer boundaries and outlines for parts, and nest on both sides. (Pro only)
• Level Clipping - Constrain a model to a chosen boundary and dynamically clip the contents.
• Lithophane Preview - Easily preview the lithophane effect on simulated toolpaths with lithophane preview mode.
• New 2D Vector Clipart - We have added over 40 new pieces of 2D clipart to help you get started with a range of projects including; game layouts, moulding profiles for use with the moulding toolpath, vector rotary profiles that you can use to model spindles in a rotary job and a selection of stylized words which would be perfect for VCarving.
• Free 3D Clipart - Choose one free clipart pack worth $55 courtesy of Design&Make. At this time, take advantage of a one time opportunity to purchase one of the four collections available at a discounted price.
• Integrated Help - The integrated help function can be found if you click on the question mark icon on the top of each form to get the help for that specific function.

Everyone running VCarve Desktop & Pro v9 or v9.5 on a computer with internet access will see an update notification in the top right-hand corner of its main window. Simply click on the notification link, log in to your V&Co account and checkout the latest V10 features.

If you run VCarve Desktop & Pro on a computer without internet access, you can still access your account and download version 10 from any other internet enabled computer by visiting the V&Co site directly using your web browser. https://portal.vectric.com/

Please note: V10 is a complete installation that will install alongside and independently of your existing software. Once you've installed V10, your previous version will still be available so make sure you are running the latest version by checking the text in the main window title bar (top-left). As soon as you are happy with your update, you can go ahead and uninstall your previous version.

Forgotten your V&Co password?
Just follow the forgotten password link under password entry box on the V&Co login page to reset it.

Forgotten your V&Co username?
This is usually the email address you registered with us when you first purchased your software. If you're still not sure, follow the link to email support and we can help you get back up and running.

Enjoy V10 from everyone at Vectric :D

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Re: VCarve Desktop & Pro Version 10 are available now!

Post by scottp55 »

Stephanie,
Any idea when the Shopbot edition will be out?
I'd LOVE to jump to Aspire now, but the upgrade to regular VCP just to get PP's that I'll never use is a sticking point:(
(A Shopbot Edition Aspire? :) :) :) :) )
VCP upgrade sounds GREAT!
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

wb9tpg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XL

Post by wb9tpg »

Stephanie Downing wrote:anyone who has upgraded to V9.5 within 3 months of the release date
I went from Desktop to Pro on Dec 19, 2018. I'd always assumed that was a "new purchase" since it's a different product and not a version "upgrade" (like 9.0 to 9.5) and I would be entitled to 10.0 for free. I now see I was wrong but I now know how the game is played so I'll wait to buy 10.0 until a couple of months before the next conference rolls around.
Gary Mitchell
Kentucky, USA

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

wb9tpg wrote:
Stephanie Downing wrote:anyone who has upgraded to V9.5 within 3 months of the release date
I went from Desktop to Pro on Dec 19, 2018. I'd always assumed that was a "new purchase" since it's a different product and not a version "upgrade" (like 9.0 to 9.5) and I would be entitled to 10.0 for free. I now see I was wrong but I now know how the game is played so I'll wait to buy 10.0 until a couple of months before the next conference rolls around.

Hi,

An product upgrade from VCarve Desktop to VCarve Pro does make you eligible for free upgrades for 12 months following your purchase.

If you purchased VCarve Pro in December 2018, you will receive a VCarve Pro V10 upgrade to your V&CO Customer Portal Account.

If you don't see it yet, please wait 30 minutes and check back again, some of the free licenses are still being allocated.

Have a great day.

EdwardP
Vectric Staff

Post by EdwardP »

Hi Scott,

Shopbot have been providing the full editions of VCarve Pro & Desktop with their machines for the last few months and the Shopbot Edition was discontinued at this point. There will be no further releases of this product I'm afraid.

I'm glad you approve of all the new features in the V10 releases - don't forget you can try everything out in the trial editions of every product for free before you make any upgrade decisions.

Cheers,

Edward

scottp55
Vectric Wizard

Post by scottp55 »

Hmm......Bought VCP9 through Portal...I better check.
Thanks Edward!
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

driedstick
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3xxl

Post by driedstick »

I am logged in and everything but still can't see when I last upgraded to the 9.5?? how can I find this out??

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

driedstick wrote:I am logged in and everything but still can't see when I last upgraded to the 9.5?? how can I find this out??
Hi,

I can check this for you. Please can you email support@vectric.com from your registered email address with a note to check your last upgrade date?

Thanks
Stephanie

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello driedstick,

Looking at your V&Co. Portal account page V10 appears to be available to you.

If you scroll down to the "Your latest software, clipart and licences" section
and click the "View Downloads" button to take you to your product page,
this should be there for you.

Cheers,

Mark.

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Please Note:

V10 is being rolled out right now.
If you believe that you should be in receipt of a free upgrade and are not seeing this,
your account may not have been updated yet.
It should be by the end of today.

I hope that this helps.

Neal Mucklow
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko XXL

Post by Neal Mucklow »

Mark said:

If you scroll down to the "Your latest software, clipart and licences" section
and click the "View Downloads" button to take you to your product page,
this should be there for you.

Purchased Vcarve Pro on 3/3/2019 - Order Reference: VEC190303-3282-36213

Currrently 9:45pm EST but I still cannot see any "Free" upgrade to V10.....I'll check back tomorrow!!

Thanks

Neal Mucklow

jfederer
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CanCam D23M

Post by jfederer »

I just downloaded and had a quick look at V10. Building on success is a great approach - too often new releases change things that don't need changing and just confuse the users. With V10 everything is exactly where I expect it, plus the new features are discretely added. Good job!

And speaking of good job, I upgraded to VCP V9.5 in December, so was pleasantly surprised to receive the V10 upgrade at no additional cost. Thanks!
Joe Federer

www.fabrikisto.com incl. Tailmaker software
www.federer.ca

AdamJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by AdamJ »

Hi Neal

I took a look and should now have received your free upgrade. If you login at https://portal.vectric.com, you make your free clipart choice and download your software right away. Apologies for the slight delay.

Adam

scottp55
Vectric Wizard

Post by scottp55 »

Bit the $500USD bullet yesterday to go to VCP10 (Shopbot Edition no longer an option:( )
Downloaded great, BUT when installed on this tower....NO pop-up asking if I wanted to transfer anything?
NO Tool Database(and looks like all values rest to default?).....easy enough to fix, BUT have two more computers to bring up to the same page and would take more time.

Did I do something wrong(or miss something on the install)?

ALSO.....Watching Beki on the What's new on VCP10 video, and have been downloading new cliparts this morning.
Beki described "Texture Fill Tiles" in VCP 10;
TEXTURE FILL TILES-What's New in VCarve Pro _ Version 10 - YouTube.jpg
Is that an error?
I don't see that on my portal download page?

Any help appreciated, as I want to cut today and not deal with software :)
Thanks,
scott
R.N.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The transfer dialog will only appear if it detects a previous version. Perhaps because your previous version is ShopBot rather than vanilla it's not seeing it? You can run the tool manually from the Help menu.

I can't get onto the portal at the moment to see if those textures are there or not. Guess it's a bit overloaded with everyone downloading today.