Arc help

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Mike

Arc help

Post by Mike »

I am trying to create windows for a doll house. I would like the top of them to be arced. Could someone tell me how to create an arc? I am sure it is pretty straight forward but so far my best result sets architecture back some 20+ years.

lovebugjunkie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Romaxx HS1

Post by lovebugjunkie »

One way is to create a rectangle, then using node editing change the top of it to "ARC" using the node editing command. Using the middle point you just created you can move it to desired height.

Takes less time than reading my poor attempt at explaining one way to do it.

Then again maybe I'm doing it the hard way and someone with more experience has a better way.
:D

george

Mike

Post by Mike »

Thank you for your quick response. I was trying your method when I stumbled upon an even easier solution. When you go into node edit mode, right click the mouse, it brings up several options, one being "to arc". A perfect little arc is created.

lovebugjunkie
Vectric Wizard

Post by lovebugjunkie »

Playing with this a bit.

If you start with a rectangle and then remove the top and then reconnect with "connect with a smooth curve" still using the "node editing" options insert a point in the middle of it. When you pull this point up you can create a bullet shape or something that resemble the windows you see in some church's.

Can have some pretty interesting results with the "Node editing" commands. Quick to learn once you play with them for a few minutes.

lovebugjunkie
Vectric Wizard

Post by lovebugjunkie »

Mike wrote:Thank you for your quick response. I was trying your method when I stumbled upon an even easier solution. When you go into node edit mode, right click the mouse, it brings up several options, one being "to arc". A perfect little arc is created.
You are right, found that way also after I went back and played with it a bit. Seems I always try the hard way first. :)