3D Clipart & Design

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
rjb

3D Clipart & Design

Post by rjb »

I am currently using VCarve Pro v6.5 and up to now have just done 2D designs and V carve lettering. I am considering upgrading to v9.5 for the new features including using 3D clipart and 3D design. I'm just trying to find out what the limitations of 3D design are in VCarve.. For example is it possible to scale the clipart for different size jobs? And is it possible to adjust the depth of a 3D clipart design? Also is there any way to create or edit simple 3D designs or would Aspire be needed for that?

Thanks,

Richard.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: 3D Clipart & Design

Post by Adrian »

You can scale designs in VCarve in all dimensions but there is no way to create or edit 3D models. You would need Aspire for that.

Although you can import a single 3D model created in 3rd party software into VCarve. There is no limit on the number of Vectric format files you can import as sold by Design and Make.

However VCarve does have the moulding toolpath which can create toolpaths that would only have been possible with 3D models before.

You can download and install the trial alongside your existing version to see what it can do.

rjb

Post by rjb »

Thank you for answering my query. Just to clarify, when using 3D clipart is it possible to scale the depth independently of the xy dimensions?

Richard.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Yes it is.