Newbie: Need information on trial version VcarvePro

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
capable
Model of CNC Machine: home made cnc with Mach3

Newbie: Need information on trial version VcarvePro

Post by capable »

Hi All,
I've downloaded the latest version of VcarvePro, and I'm trying to test one of the files on the start page.
I must be doing something wrong, I keep on getting a message to go to the start page an use one of the evaluation file for the machine. That's what I'm doing, and I already check the help menu but could not find an answer in the content format. I am looking at purchasing a package, but not having a great start at testing the software :(

capable

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Hello Capable and welcome to the Forum.

Toolpaths for the Evaluation files listed down the left side of the interface in the Trial version - Bull's Head, Open Sign etc. can be saved to run on your own CNC machine.

These files can be scaled / sized to suit the available material or machine table size, new toolpaths calculated and saved.

If you are still having a problem with this please drop an email to the support address.

Tony

HoustonFirefox
Vectric Craftsman

Post by HoustonFirefox »

Tony,

Heads-up to the Vectric Team:

I really like how it allows the sample files to be 100% manipulated, milled, scaled, etc to really determine if your machine will work with it or not.

While not as nice as an unlimited 30-day trial, this is more than enough (once you see the results!) to justify buying the software.

I'm not sure who is on the management team over there for this decision on the trial version, but my hat is off to him/her! :D
CNC Woodworkers do it with a 3D Touch Probe!