Dialog options not remembered?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
fretsman68
Vectric Wizard

Dialog options not remembered?

Post by fretsman68 »

Hi all,

In addition to my other comments in the toolpath and material colors not working correctly, I'm also finding that my Dialog (in the Program Options dialog box) are not being remembered. I use a dual monitor setup and I have the options set to remember layouts, dialog layout, and view layout, and my view layout always reverts to the default one large drawing screen with the 3D view hidden. I have to keep clicking the "arrange views vertically" button everytime I start V9. I'm using the latest Win 10 and V9 is 9.010. I checked for updates and it is up to date.

Should I send this in to Vectric or is this an ongoing bug and I just haven't seen it posted yet?

Thanks for your help as always.
Dave

fretsman68
Vectric Wizard

Re: Dialog options not remembered?

Post by fretsman68 »

Just an update, I spoke with Vectric and they are indeed aware of the preview color choosing issues and are looking into it.

Also, I have pinned down the problem with the dialog boxes not saving for me properly. They are indeed saving, but only if you open the program FIRST using the VCarve icon. I actually use jumplists in Windows 10 to open an individual file and it seems that if you choose to open a file through a jumplist, the program doesn't act the same with the same operations when starting. So I guess opening the program first via the program icon is the way it has to be done for now.

Just a note, I've used jumplists in Win 10 to open VCarve for a long time now and never had an issue, but I guess something has changed with VC9.

Hope this helps past or any future frustrations....
Dave-
--------------
Dave