Rotate

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
KWiK
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre

Re: Rotate

Post by KWiK »

Adrian,
You are probably right about the resolution on the screen vs the machine. I tried the angle dimension thing, but I was doing something wrong I guess. I would set precision to 8 places, but it would return to 4 places (maybe that is the max? I haven't checked) and then the dimension would only show 1 decimal, which was a 90.0, but it was obviously not inline with a true 90 degree line. I just need to use it some more, I think this is the first time I have actually even tried to use the angle dimension.

TomGardiner, I will have to go find that post in tips and tricks. Almost seems like I saw something once before, but I am to the age, that if a week goes by, and I haven't used it, I forget all about it :?

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Re: Rotate

Post by IslaWW »

KWIK...
When you say: "Basically I am just trying to get as good a edge as possible and I figure if the machine doesn't jog in the x at all as it is cutting in the y the edge will be as good as possible and take less prep for gluing."

Unless you are experiencing some machine mechanical problem, this will not be true. In fact if that problem was backlash in the X, the edge would be worse on a "cut in Y only" cut than one with an angle where the X motor was moving, albeit very slowly, in one direction. When setup correctly, with mechanical and tuning adjustments proper for the machine, there should be no difference in cut quality between 1 axis and multi axis, or even circular cuts. The circles are harder to get thru the bander tho :roll:
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com