Praying cowboy Problem

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
cws
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro

Praying cowboy Problem

Post by cws »

I downloaded the praying cowboy 3d artwork from Vectric and when I run the roughing toolpath it cuts a deep oblong hole on the edge of the artwork. Can someone please help me with this problem. I'm sure it is something simple I am doing wrong.
Thanks
Attachments
cowboy pic.JPG

bravesoul
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRT ALPHA 48"x96"

Re: Praying cowboy Problem

Post by bravesoul »

I would be happy to help but I don't see that in the Vectric Home page or in their Clipart that is provided with the software. I can only assume it is a toolpath and suggest that you check the toolpaths tab and highlight each one to show you the preview. It will probably be a 2d cut but not sure since I don't have anything to view.

Joe

antennasDIY
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home made

Post by antennasDIY »

The dish component is smaller then your vectors so it tries to cut outside the dish and within the vectors, so you end up with that cut in the outside fringe. See my picture.
Attachments
test.jpg

cws

Post by cws »

Thanks for the quick replies gentlemen. What I have is exactly like shown in the picture. How do I correct the problem? Do I need to make the work piece larger?
Curt

antennasDIY
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home made

Post by antennasDIY »

No it's not a work piece size issue. It's that the vectors used to surround the model are too large and it's machining the model then what is inside the vectors, but there is no model there so it cuts deeper. Make your vectors tight to the 3D model and use them to machine the 3D tool path. Or if your model is just what you want use the model boundary option when 3d finish tool path selecting. I use the vectors as I use them to cut a profile path later so I use them. I suppose I could just use the model boundary as well.
I found as well it was because the "dish" component was actually rectangular in overall size with the dish being the 3D component. If you look close you can see the grey background shape is rectangular in my model. I imported it as an STL and that's what it was. If I make my own it's just an oval dish shape with no outside flat area.
I have attached a couple pics.
Attachments
Cut when vectors too big
Cut when vectors too big
3D model with vectors too large, if you cut this you get the other picture..
3D model with vectors too large, if you cut this you get the other picture..
correct size vectors
correct size vectors
With the right size vector, you get this as a 3D cut.
With the right size vector, you get this as a 3D cut.

cws

Post by cws »

Thank you very much.
Curt