Font problem with 4.5

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
webwizard2

Font problem with 4.5

Post by webwizard2 »

Hello all,
First i'd like to thank the Vectric team for the feature upgrade. Finally a grid with snap! Go ahead make my day. Also thanks for the other additional features. A person could'nt ask for more with all the things that VC does. It will be a long time before i get to use everything.

But i have a problem with 4.5 when i was trying to use the Text function.
When trying to select a different font for my lettering only a few fonts are available without being able to scroll thru the list of fonts. Also the font list box expands across the whole screen. Something buggy in this area i think. Or am i doing something wrong?. Didn't have this problem until i
upgraded.

TIA
Dale Weber

Perry
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Modified Shopbot PRT96

Post by Perry »

Hey webwizard2
I don't have that issue, but I didn't do the upgrade. I did the whole program install. Maybe it IS an upgrade issue, if that is the route you went.

Greolt
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: UCCNC Router, Plasma, Laser

Post by Greolt »

I did the upgrade via the upgrade download and no such problem here.

Probably best to back up your tool data base and reinstall.

Greg

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Re: Font problem with 4.5

Post by CRFultz »

webwizard2 wrote:Hello all,
First i'd like to thank the Vectric team for the feature upgrade. Finally a grid with snap! Go ahead make my day. Also thanks for the other additional features. A person could'nt ask for more with all the things that VC does. It will be a long time before i get to use everything.

But i have a problem with 4.5 when i was trying to use the Text function.
When trying to select a different font for my lettering only a few fonts are available without being able to scroll thru the list of fonts. Also the font list box expands across the whole screen. Something buggy in this area i think. Or am i doing something wrong?. Didn't have this problem until i
upgraded.

TIA
Dale Weber
Dale one of the fonts name is making the screen expand.
Look in your font folder and you should be able to find the one with xtra long name, just rename it to something shorter.

webwizard2

Post by webwizard2 »

Hi all and thanks for the responses.

Since i couldn't use 4.5 for my project i tried to use my old 3.1 and the problem was there also. Figure that out! Anyway this font thing is really screwed up and i never have problems with VC. Not having a problem with my Corel so i think something just gliched with the upgrade.

Also when i click the arrow to open the font list it opens in some random place not alphabetically such as fonts starting with A. UGH!

Anyway i think the best thing to do at this point is to uninstall my upgraded 4.5 and do a fresh install of 4.5. Is there a place to download a new version? Is 4.5 an offical new version?

Thanks
Dale

HayTay
Vectric Craftsman

Post by HayTay »

webwizard2,

First, I'd take CRFultz's advise and look for an offending font. I suspect that you installed or upgraded some other program right about the time you did the VCarve Pro 4.5 upgrade and the other program installed a wacko font.

I had a similar problem a while back and it was driving me absolutely nuts. I think it was Chuck that pointed me in the font direction as a solution instead of VCarve Pro. And what do you know, it turned out that somehow a font called Morse.ttf had gotten installed and was throwing everything out of whack. Seems that Morse.ttf was a Morse Code font. I still don't know where it came from, and I never used it but its gone now. My font issue(s) went away with the deleted Morse.ttf.

Rather than waste your time uninstalling and reinstalling VCarve Pro, check your font(s) first (In my opinion).

IHTH,
Last edited by HayTay on Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your own success!

webwizard2

Post by webwizard2 »

Thanks again for the help and i got the problem fixed. It was a font problem but here is what doesn't make sense. First i didn't load any new software recently or fonts. Just the upgrade. I took your advice and deleted a group of fonts with long names. They were all the same fonts. I started up VC and eveything worked ok. Then i restored them all and started VC again and it seems to work OK. DUH! :shock: figure that out.

Well at least now i know what's going on now.
Dale

HayTay
Vectric Craftsman

Post by HayTay »

Dale,

I'm glad we could help. Most of the time its the simple things that cause so much frustration, and, a lot of the time, they're the hardest things to find and fix.

It's nice to hear that you're up and running again.

Happy VCarving,
HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your own success!