Job Pricing Software

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Re: Job Pricing Software

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

LOL :lol: I didn't know it was you, you only gave your name and country! Congratulations again. Its nice that someone on this site won. :) I'm off to England in two hours, have a Merry Christmas.

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

Merry Christmas to you too!

Jason
The Official Vectric Cartographer

You are limited only by your imagination

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Wow! I just looked back over this and saw that my first post was on 25th October 2006!!!! :shock: Over two years ago....time really flies! I'm working on Version 2.00 at the moment, and it should still be released next year, with some big improvements. :) Haven't decided on a price yet, but with the recession and all, it won't be a big jump over the current price, and of course, current users will get an upgrade price instead. Anyway, happy holidays folks. L8rs.

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Hi all,

Here is a SNEAK PEEK of Quote&Cost Version 2.0.0.......for this site only.....sshhhh.... :mrgreen:
Attachments
SneakPreview.jpg
SneakPreview.jpg (6 KiB) Viewed 3950 times

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Haha....sorry, I couldn't resist. :P

Here is the real sneak preview:

Note that I turned off a few bits, such as the fancy graphics and stuff, because I have to keep something hidden! :oops: Also, this version is obviously still ongoing, and as such the various boxes are not yet populated because I haven't created and linked up to the databases yet. This version will be database driven.....I won't tell you what database yet, but its free (The database....not the program! :shock: ) :wink: and won't cost anything extra, either from a 3rd party, or included in the price.

I'm trying this time in addition to improvements in Version 1.51, to get rid of some bad things by going back to basics.

Example:
Does anyone really care if you can store the cutting area of your Cnc-Machine in your estimation software? I think not! Its a waste of space and time. I'm putting in what needs to be there for effective estimation software, and ditching the unnecessary baggage which I let slip into V 1.51. I apologise for that....I got carried away! :mrgreen:

Obviously important items will be kept, and improved on in most cases.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ANY THOUGHTS. There is still lots of time to throw things at me, this is a few months away. I take constructive criticism very well. :D
Attachments
RealSneakPeek.jpg
NewAEPPlastic.jpg

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

PS: I understand that the above images are pretty bland, and don't give you much to go on. Hopefully it will come clearer near the release date.

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Release Date Pushed Back to 4th Quarter 2009

Hi all,

In the last few weeks a number of personal aspects in my life have pretty much gone to hell in a handbasket. :cry: At this point the Q&C V.2 build is about 6 months behind, however, one of the knock-on effects of everything going to s#it, is that because I can't do other things I need to at the moment and I'm trying to keep myself busy, I have more time to spend on the new program, so hopefully I'll get it back on timetable.

I just want to let everyone know what the situation is because I've had a number of enquiries over the past week or so.

I won't be releasing the program until its 110% ready, so I'm not going to rush just to 'get it out there'. Please bear with me. I still intend it to be done this year, it just might take a few months longer than expected.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Quote&Cost .... Hello strangers .... Sorry for delay!

Hey strangers,

Those of you who keep track on the CNCZone would have seen my post at the start of this year regarding Quote&Cost. I was away in a pretty crappy part of the world and security settings wouldn't let me access the Vectric Forum. :(

Anyhow, because of my changed circumstances the program was cancelled, life has had much bigger priorities. I had intended refunding everyone's money but have been battling with PayPal since last year to get limitations removed on my account. I must have sent them copies of every document I own at this stage! :evil: Now that I'm home again I hope this will be sorted asap and I sent them stuff again this evening, so fingers crossed!

I haven't received any request for refunds from anyone, but its a personal thing that I feel some people rightly expected (As I had promised) future discounts when the first non MSExcel build came out, and at the moment the program is stopped indefinately. I wouldn't feel right keeping anybody's money, even those who paid a few $ and received all versions. Sincere apologies nobody has heard from me, circumstances combined with embarassment that I couldn't refund peoples money because of PayPal have also kept me away until I could sort out my PayPal account.

Anyhow, in summary:

PayPal account should be sorted this week.
I will refund the first 50% who bought the program this month.
I will refund the second 50% who bought the program next month when I get paid.

I would like Tony, Brian, Mark and all the other forum members to know how much I appreciated their support and enthusiasm for the program. I'm very sorry it all collapsed last year.

Hopefully now that I have full access to the site I can start to catch up and get using Aspire in my spare time. My tools are still in storage indefinately because I still dont have a workshop, nor money to finish my CNC build from 2008/2009, but everything is thankfully getting back on track with big progress expected in the next few weeks so I'd like to start getting back up to speed and if I can re-learn the software to be able to help out anyone else on the forum that would be great too.

Thanks.
Diarmaid.

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Hi Diarmaid,

Good to hear from you and thanks for the update.

Tony

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Thanks Tony, and congrats on all your awards and success over the past 18 months, I was keeping an eye in even though I couldn't post. :)

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

Hello and welcome Back Thk, Box, well you know who I mean.... Good to see things are heading in the positive direction.
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot prt with 4g upgrade

Post by calgrdnr »

Was just thinking of you you Mr. Breadbox :lol: :D
Glad to see your back . I hope your luck and fortunes will get much better Kent

Burchtree
Vectric Wizard

Post by Burchtree »

Welcome back Breadbored :lol:
Dan
People go though many trials and tribulations. Some of them actually happened.

rbrague
Vectric Craftsman

Post by rbrague »

Welcome Back-Just thinking about you today when I was re reading a message you sent helping me out with some issues.

Again Welcome back and stick around this time....
Rick

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Paypal appears to be sorted.....at least partly! I have refunded a number of people but am receiving errors for quite a few also. Maybe some peoples emails or accounts have changed.

Those who have not received a refund please pm me and I will reply with my current PayPal email and price you paid for the software so that you can request the PayPal payment from me. I will then send it as normal with PayPal. Thanks.

PS: Thanks all for the welcome back!