Need your help

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
edjansen7
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro

Need your help

Post by edjansen7 »

Hi Guys,

I'm the director of a homeless resource center in Glen Burnie MD and we have recently acquired a CNC Shark with Vectric VCarve Pro and Cut3D. We are presently training homeless men and women how to use the software and CNC, but I'm their only instructor and quite frankly, I'm really not qualified to teach them much, but I'm doing the best I can. We have been able to produce some pretty awesome plaques though. I know there is so much more I could teach them if I had a mentor. Is there anyone in this forum that lives in the Baltimore/Washington DC area that would be willing to spend some time with me? I've been doing woodworking for over 50 years now and have been around computers since the early 80s so I think I'd be an easy teach. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: GCnC/WinCNC

Re: Need your help

Post by Rcnewcomb »

You might try contact the people at Covenant House in Washington DC. A few years ago they had a program for homeless youth learning how to use CNC equipment. They may have some graduates of the program that may be interested.

http://www.covenanthousedc.org/Work-Rea ... ining.html
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out
another good day in the shop

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

Greetings,
I'm willing to help.
Send me a email ( mezalick@nni.com) and maybe we can call each other.
I'm in Philadelphia, but travel to DC regularly..
I've worked on several churches there.
Look forward to taking to you about this,
Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://carveddetails.com
mm@mezalick.com

zeeway
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Self-built

Post by zeeway »

Your mission will turn lives around...what a great use of cnc. There are many people on this forum that are willing to help if you are willing to ask. I have asked many questions here, and have received help from all over the world.

Please also know that your offer from Michael Mezalick is an offer from one of the most knowledgable people on this forum. I have also seen him live, presenting info about his cnc work, and he is an excellent presenter/teacher. So, I would definitely encourage you to jump on that offer.

Finally, I would encourage you to relentlessly use the tutorials (over and over). They are packed with info. I have found it best to decide on a project, and then go back and look at the tutorials that relate to that specific project. This forum also is a goldmine of project ideas, and some have very detailed instructions.

Keep up the good work,

Angie

edjansen7
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro

Post by edjansen7 »

Michael, thank you for your generous offer. I will connect with you shortly.

Angie, I believe your suggestion is a good one. We will continue to review the videos. They really are good.

Thanks everyone.

martin54
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber System 48,Denford Triac Modified

Post by martin54 »

Don't forget that the free Vectric monthly projects also come with a very good PDF guide as well. I started out with the tutorials & then moved on to some of the free projects once I had a better idea how the software & machine worked.