Copy Vectors and layers

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
harryball
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRT Alpha

Copy Vectors and layers

Post by harryball »

Is there a way to copy a group of vectors and preserve the layering? I have a farily complicated grouping consisting of 4 layers and I want to duplicate the entire structure, layers and all.
Robert
http://www.habitatforbats.org
Give a Bat a Home!

TheWoodcrafter

Post by TheWoodcrafter »

Good Question.
I ran into recently on a complicated job and could not figure out how to do it. I don't think you can but lets find out from the experts here.

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

I'm afraid the short answer is no. When a group of vectors is copied and pasted they are pasted back onto the current layer. I'll add this as wish list item for a future version.

Brian

TheWoodcrafter

Post by TheWoodcrafter »

Thanks Brian, that sure would be handy to be able to do with complicated designs.

mark296
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Copy Vectors and layers

Post by mark296 »

harryball wrote:Is there a way to copy a group of vectors and preserve the layering? I have a farily complicated grouping consisting of 4 layers and I want to duplicate the entire structure, layers and all.
It can be done but you have to do one layer at a time.
Select the group you want to copy to another layer, right click and select copy. Right click again then click move to layer. Now go back to the original layer and right click and past. Now you have two layers with the same group of vectors.
It is not what you asked for but just a work around that I use to save layers I am working on while editing.