My problem or VectorCarve?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
mardiv

My problem or VectorCarve?

Post by mardiv »

I created an object with hinge slots centered on each of two sides. In the drawing mode the slots are centered on the two boards but in 3D view the slots are off-center. Is this a perspective issue and the slots are actually centered or or they off centered? It seems if it were a perspective issue it would show up more often but for me, this is the 1st time something looks off-centered in the 3D mode.

Thanks

I have have attached the file.
Attachments
file.zip
(7.07 KiB) Downloaded 171 times

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

Looks ok here... :)

Chuck

mardiv

Post by mardiv »

On my screen, if you preview the score hinge and score interior tool paths in 3D mode, there appears to be more material between the outside edges of the hinge and the outside edge of the material than between the inside edges of the hinge and the interior of the material. the amount of material on either side of the hinge should be the same, as it appears in the drawing mode. Is this what you are seeing?

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi Mardiv,

Because your piece is so deep relative to the overall size of the model (3 inches deep, but only inches wide) the perspective view is exagerating the gap between the two features.

If you 'zoom out' the view the spacing between the features does appear more even.

So it is a perspective issue as you suggested in your first post. However it only arises because your model is so deep relative to its size in X and Y, and the default viewpoint is very close to the surface.

Brian

mardiv

Post by mardiv »

You are correct. I changed my material thickness to .25 inch and everything looked fine. Thanks