VCarve Pro's latest version

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
GrandpaB
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shark

VCarve Pro's latest version

Post by GrandpaB »

I recently emailed a VCcarve Pro file to another user. He replied that he could not open my file because I did not have the latest version. I checked Help/About and found that my version is v7.510. i also checked the Vectric site and and found that the latest version is v7.5 and had file update v7.015.

I have three questions. First. Is there an inconsistency on Vectric's Program Updates page; how can the version be V7.5 and the update file be 7.015?

Do I have the latest version?

If i do have the latest version of the software, what could cause the incompatibility that prevents the other user from opening mu file?

Thanks for your assistance.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: VCarve Pro's latest version

Post by Adrian »

Have you done a Check for Updates from the Help menu?

Art Mann
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger

Post by Art Mann »

Version 7.514 is the latest version. I suspect it is your friend who does not have the latest version.

Adam M
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: ___

Post by Adam M »

GrandpaB wrote:I recently emailed a VCcarve Pro file to another user. He replied that he could not open my file because I did not have the latest version. I checked Help/About and found that my version is v7.510. i also checked the Vectric site and and found that the latest version is v7.5 and had file update v7.015.

I have three questions. First. Is there an inconsistency on Vectric's Program Updates page; how can the version be V7.5 and the update file be 7.015?

Do I have the latest version?

If i do have the latest version of the software, what could cause the incompatibility that prevents the other user from opening mu file?

Thanks for your assistance.
The update page means that the update file is to update VCarve Pro 7.015 to VCarve Pro 7.5.

You can always get updates for VCarve Pro by going to Help and the clicking Check For Updates; the latest version is 7.514

I hope this helps.

rlwagner
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot Desktop

Post by rlwagner »

I believe there's an issue with VCarve version tracking. I encountered it when trying to install a Gadget, which failed because it said I needed to update to the latest version. I have the latest version, but went back to VCarve anyway and let the updater to its thing, which didn't do anything because it confirmed I have the latest version.

Went back to the Gadget and it still won't install unless I update to the latest version. Round and round we go.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Do you have more than one version of VCarve installed? Are you running "VCarve for ShopBot" or the retail VCarve?

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

rl,
last "Shopbot Edition" was VCarvePro V 7.510 (Wish they had 7.514:( ),
and can be downloaded here if you are trying to update without an internet connection.
http://www.shopbottools.com/files/VCarv ... _v7510.exe
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.