IMService 12x12 Router System

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
spgfr

IMService 12x12 Router System

Post by spgfr »

Does anyone here have experience with or opinions on the IMSRV 12x12 system. Was looking at the K2 units but was put off by numerous discussions of weak Y-axis support.

http://www.imwsrv.com/

Patm
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Patm »

Sorry for the late response, just saw your post.

K2 now has a 14x14 model with all solid guides and carriages (servo too if you want). The thing looks rock solid!

I have the KT2514 and yes, the unsupported rails are a problem (though no more of a problem than any other machine with unsupported rails). I think part of the issue is that the rest of the machine is so solid that you expect more than unsupported rails can handle.

I have no experience with the imserv machines at all so cannot comment. About the only opinion I could offer would be to stay away from the DeskCNC controller and software. Not that they aren't very capable but because they are locked together. If you decided you wanted to use Mach 3 at a later date you would have to change controllers since the DeskCNC controllers are propriatary. Or at least, they were the last time I checked a couple of years ago.

I actually have DeskCNC with their controller board and three Xylotex drivers. I was going to use them in a DIY machine but ended up buying the K2 machine instead. I'll eventually try the controller in a DIY machine I think but I've really gotten accustomed to Mach.

spgfr

Post by spgfr »

Thanks... I finally settled on a Romaxx system and am awaiting delivery.