Od problem VCarving circles

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Phil
Vectric Wizard

Od problem VCarving circles

Post by Phil »

I'm attaching a CRV file. It consist of 12 circles. 6 are DIA= .175 and 6 that are DIA= .265. I tried to VCarve all 12 circles but only the larger circles work properly. With the smaller circles I get an error message that the tool can't fit. I tried with 60 degree .5" cutter and with 90 degree .5" cutter.
Attachments
Circles.crv
(16 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

HayTay
Vectric Craftsman

Post by HayTay »

Phil,

Your right, VCarve doesn't carve the smaller holes using the 0.5" cutters. When I switched to 60 degree, 0.25" and a 90 degree, 0.25" cutters all was cut as expected, though.

It also seems that you can 'fake' VCarve Pro out a bit and set up a 0.5" diameter, 45 degree, 0.00" tip engraving cutter. After you set the feeds and speeds to your liking you can use your new engraving bit to generate the tool paths for all the holes you're going to cut with your corresponding V-Bit.

Just goes to show you that where there's will there's a way and there is alway more than one way to skin a cat.

Maybe Tony or Brian can offer some explanation for the inability to cut the smaller diameter holes using the 0.5" V-Bits.

Anyway, I hope this helps you,
HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your own success!

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

Phil just crv with a flat depth checked...it doesn't matter how deep the bit will only go the depth of the circle dia.

60 will go deeper then the 90 but the dia will be the same

Chuck

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

The problem with the small circles appears to be in the newest version. I have 3.1 still working on another computer. I was able to VCarve .175 Dia . and .100 Dia. circles.

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Hi Phil,

Thanks for posting the file.

This has been fixed in the development build and will be included in the next release.

Tony

samcrow

tool dept errors

Post by samcrow »

i have similar perhaps similar problem.
The work piece is 6" x 6" by 1".
sam

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Hi Sam,

Please can you can you email the the VCarve Pro .CRV file to support@vectric.com and we will take a look at what may be causing the problem.

Thanks,

Tony

samcrow

error taken care of

Post by samcrow »

Tony Mac wrote:Hi Sam,

Please can you can you email the the VCarve Pro .CRV file to support@vectric.com and we will take a look at what may be causing the problem.

Thanks,

Tony
From reading the forum I saw the references to overlapping lines. I went back and cleaned up the drawing and solved the problem, thanks.
sam