Help with moving or deleting nodes

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
michael307
Vectric Apprentice

Help with moving or deleting nodes

Post by michael307 »

:idea: If I convert a bmp downloaded from Google to a format that VCW can work with and I have a closed shape that I have way to many nodes to deal with moving, I can 1 redraw object, or 2 drag all the nodes into someway what I want. My question is is there a way of deleting or simplifiying the extra nodes not really needed or wanted for the shape? Imagine a letter L with many outside edges and you only want one of them, but all those outsides are one closed object, that is what I am trying to solve..

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Post by Paco »

If there's only a few to remove; in node edit mode, hover over the node and hit 'D'. Caution, hiting 'D' over a span will delete it.

If there's many; I suggest you cut the vector in a way to isolate the unwanted nodes and delete the section then to close the vector after with either straight line, arc or a smooth curve.

Does that help?

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

You could use the polyline tool to trace a new "L" over the old one, then delete the original.

michael307
Vectric Apprentice

Post by michael307 »

Thank you for the reply, that is what I was looking for. I know it was right in front of my face, but many of us users are not all that graphically talented.