HELP:

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
rdhharm
Vectric Apprentice

HELP:

Post by rdhharm »

HELP:
Hi all I am having a problem and I don’t know if it is Mach3 or V-Carve Pro 3.1 but I have uninstalled both and reinstalled to try and fix the problem but it didn’t work so I am turning to the pros. Here is my problem when it move things and regenerate tool path
everything looks right it the preview but when I load tool path in Mach3 I get a tool path ¾ bigger than what the job is. What I mean by ¾ bigger is it shows a circle on three sides of the job and the tool path going around and around. Am I doing something wrong please help.
Also I have request may be it is in the program but I can’t seem to find it but I would like to be able to measure between pieces that way you could maximize the blank wood so the parts are as close as you can make them. Like if you were doing the dino project a very cool dinosaur.

Thanks for all your help Rick

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Hi there and welcome to the forums. Couple of questions, have you run your cnc machine with Mach3 before? If yes did it cut things right? Do you know the stepping settings are set to on what ever drives your motors? What are you using to drive your motors (Gecko, Xylotex,etc) What are your leadscrews specs (turns per inch) and finally in Mach3 in the motor tuning setup screen what do you have your "Steps per" set to?

If I had to guess I'd say your steps per are set wrong.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

rdhharm
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rdhharm »

Hi, Jay I just figued it out I was saving the tool path in the wrong post processor for Mach3.
You have a great looking machine I have been watching it I also built one of Joe's and I am just trying to figure everything out so I guess you can call me a newbie.

Thanks Rick

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Everyone's new at something, so no worries. Glad you figured out what was up, always nice when it's something easy.

If you've got any questions on anything, feel free to ask.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)