Any Vcarvers in the Triangle region of NC ?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Art Stratemeyer

Any Vcarvers in the Triangle region of NC ?

Post by Art Stratemeyer »

Hi Gang,

I belong to the Cabinet Makers Association and have found that, over the years, meeting with other members to share knowlege ( or pick their brains in my case ) has been invaluable. As a wander into the land of Vcarving, I was wondering if there were any members here that might be in the Raleigh area who would mind my buying lunch .. or a beer .. so I can do some similar "knowledge mining" ??
Regards,

Art Stratemeyer
www.finewoodworkers.com

kevinl
Vectric Craftsman

Post by kevinl »

Im not a cabinetmaker or in your area, but I thought there was a map somewhere that showed where users were located. If not there is a members list at the top of the forum page you could look at. Welcome to the forum

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

You might want to check out this post: http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=390
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

Phillycyberjoe

Post by Phillycyberjoe »

Hey Art,

Look for Harry Taylor (HeyTay) on this forum. I'm pretty sure he lives in your neck of the woods. I just met HeyTay this past weekend at the users meeting. He's helped me out in the past with VCP stuff and he's a pretty knowledgeable guy.

Edit: Sorry, his screen name is HayTay......Sorry Harry

Joe

HayTay
Vectric Craftsman

Post by HayTay »

Eh? What's that? I thought I heard my name. I'm awake now. I'm still trying to recover from the Vectric User Conference and driving marathon this weekend.

Hi Jay, Joe, Art and anyone else out there.

Well, PhillyCyberJoe is correct, I'm from central NC and about 35 - 50 minutes from most parts of Raleigh. What kind of assistance are you looking for Art? Post here, or PM me if you prefer. Depending on what you're looking for I'd be glad to help.

You wouldn't be the Art Stratemeyer of "Fine Woodworking" and "Strat's Place" fame, now, would you? I'm betting yes!

Looking forward to hearing from you,
HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your own success!

Art Stratemeyer

[quote="You wouldn't be the Art Stratemeyer of "Fine Woodworking" and "Strat's Place" fame, now, would you? I'm betting yes!

Looking forward to hearing from you,[/quote]

LOL .......... not sure if that should be "infamous" .. but yep that's me

I'll drop you pm
Regards,

Art Stratemeyer
www.finewoodworkers.com

lpcsales
Vectric Craftsman

Post by lpcsales »

Hi Art,
I'm about a 15 minute drive from you...in Youngsville. Give me a shout or pm me...love to talk.

David
Dave
Epilog 24TT 40w and Legend 36EXT 75w Laser Engravers, Roland SP-300V, BabyLoc PR600 Embroidery Machine, Panther 24" Vinyl Cutter, Mighty Presses (hat & T-Shirt), PRT48 Router

HayTay
Vectric Craftsman

Post by HayTay »

lpcsales wrote:Hi Art,
I'm about a 15 minute drive from you...in Youngsville. Give me a shout or pm me...love to talk.

David

Maybe we can schedule a time when all three of us can get together. Should be fun.
HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your own success!

Art Stratemeyer

HayTay wrote:
lpcsales wrote:Hi Art,

David

Maybe we can schedule a time when all three of us can get together. Should be fun.
Sounds really like a great idea ... that is if you don't mind 2,000 questions from an old curmudgeon newbie

I will be out of the country for a week. Will drop a note when I return
Regards,

Art Stratemeyer
www.finewoodworkers.com

dangerous-dan

Post by dangerous-dan »

Still looking for V carvers in the Triangle?

I'm located in Chapel Hill, work in RTP. Most of what I've been doing with V carving has been on the CAD side with a couple years of CNC hobby experience. My CNC current machine is a desktop mill. Looking to acquire a CNC router with a larger machining area to open up more project options. Interests tend to focus on hardwood and contrasting colors.
Dan