First users Conference was GREAT, Thank You!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
djmcnutt
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

First users Conference was GREAT, Thank You!

Post by djmcnutt »

First users conference was a great one. I would like to thank Jay and everyone for all there efforts in putting this together. It was great to see Tony come all the way from the UK. I hope to see this continue next year, and I think all of the new features in version four will be great. Keep up the good work!
David

http://www.wooden-craft-design.com

Wooden Craft & Design
Mercer, WI USA

kevinl
Vectric Craftsman

Post by kevinl »

Yep was a great time. I would also like to thank all of those that put this thing together. Now everyone will hurry back to their shop to put new ideas and knowlege to work!

bryson
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS 48 X 96 Aspire

Post by bryson »

I would also like to thank all thos involved with the conference!! It was certianly worth the drive. I learned a few things and now I can't wait for version 4!!
Thanks again,
Bryson

PS. Jay, I'm going to dig out my 5 gallon pot.

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

So spill the beans for those of use who were not there???? I feel like I missed out on sooo much...Did you get a preview of Ver.4? Any pics of the beer and general debauchery!! :D Do tell?

Kimon
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Kimon »

Yep we missed it too, wish we could have made it. Give us the scoop and we want pictures too.

djmcnutt

Post by djmcnutt »

I have no pictures but I'm Know some were taking some. As for V4 there is just so much new and allot of good things. Here is a few a measure feature, layers, production plates, engraving fonts, ramping, pocket raster, sequencing (reduction in machining times), node editing, block copy, measuring tool, floating toolpath list, recalculate all tool paths, corner radius (internal & external) and more misc things. Overall allot of great added features. Jay's beer was great too.
David

Wooden Craft & Design
Mercer, WI USA

Phillycyberjoe

Post by Phillycyberjoe »

OUTSTANDING MEETING!! I would like to personally thank Jay for setting up this great meeting. I would have to say that it was one of the best User's meetings that I have attended. Thanks also to Bob and son for the church hall...it was perfect. Special thanks out to Tony and James for making the trip and showing us all their fine products. I am psyched.

As far as v4.0 is concerned.....WOW. This is an awesome piece of work and I cannot wait to get my copy. Not that I needed further validation, but I am so glad I decided to go with Vectric products, and particularly with VCarve Pro.

I want to also give a big shout out to all the new friends that I made while at the meeting. I really enjoyed speaking with all of you. It's kind of amazing how a product like VCP can bring that many people together that all share the same interest.

My head is swimming with new ideas for v4.0.

As far as making beer..... I could possibly become a convert. The Double Stout was outrageous. Thanks again, Jay.

As I said, OUTSTANDING.

The "other" Joe from Philly

BTW......James, look for your Philly cheesesteak in the mail.

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

djmcnutt wrote:I have no pictures but I'm Know some were taking some. As for V4 there is just so much new and allot of good things. Here is a few a measure feature, layers, production plates, engraving fonts, ramping, pocket raster, sequencing (reduction in machining times), node editing, block copy, measuring tool, floating toolpath list, recalculate all tool paths, corner radius (internal & external) and more misc things. Overall allot of great added features. Jay's beer was great too.
Oh man... :cry: ...I don't even know what half those things are. I feel so 'out of the loop'! Glad you all enjoyed yourselves, maybe I'll make it next year. :)

joecnc2006
Vectric Wizard

Post by joecnc2006 »

I was not able to attend but will definately want to go next year. Looking forward to pictures on jays site and Vectric's site. We all are looking forward to the final releasce of Ver. 4,

Good work Jay on helping putting this together and getting tony and james here.

Joe

p.s. Jay now you can have time to post some pictures and info on improving on the Model 2006 :D, Temp Dubed JJM7.. joe and jay's model 2007... LOL

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Hey everyone glad you had a good time and enjoyed yourselves. After sleeping most of Sunday and into this morning I think I can safely say I'll do it again next year! I'll be sending out a survey to all the people who came to see what needs to be imporved or added. I also might have a survey for everyone else at some point to get a read on what other people are thinking and wanting.

Hopefully I'll have the pics up and the presentation materials up on cncjay.com later this week.

Ok I'm going to go take a nap.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

michael307
Vectric Apprentice

Post by michael307 »

:D Mike from Wisconsin here, what a great time at the Pittburgh get togther, and so much was learned by all. I really enjoyed talk numerious times with the famous Tony. I am just do excited to see what is coming in the V.4 and the V.4.1, mainly that I can go straight from my bmp. to vcarvewizard.

GripUs
Vectric Wizard

Post by GripUs »

Sigh...sure sorry I missed out on everything, sounds like a good time was had by all. Maybe next time some place in Texas??? I live almost half way between Dallas and El Paso and it is still almost 400 miles to either one so PA was really out of the question for me.

Anyway, V 4 sounds like it is going to be something else. I am really looking forward to the measuring tool.

Joe
Ham and eggs - Inconvenient for the chicken. A total commitment for the pig.
http://www.gripus.com/

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

I've just about recovered from the trip over for the User Group Conference,
especially the Saturday night drinking session with Hay-Tay, Warren & Tom E!

It was a fantastic event and amazing to meet so many customers with so much
positive energy and support for the products. I hope everyone enjoyed it as
much as I did and lets make this an annual event.

I must thank Jay and Bob (+ family) for doing such a great job of organizing the
meeting, feeding us all and ensuring everything went to plan. Plus James Booth
for doing a very interesting presentation on how to use and market dimensional
products - Thanks Guys!!

The pictures don't convey how interesting the event was but here you go.

Tony
Attachments
2007_UGC_4.JPG
2007_UGC_3.JPG
2007_UGC_2.JPG
2007_UGC_1.JPG
Last edited by Tony Mac on Wed May 02, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djmcnutt

Post by djmcnutt »

Tony,

I would offer a location for 2008, Wisconsin is a great place to visit in the spring or fall. You never know it could even snow! We are loacted in the heart of lake country with lots of things to do.
David

Wooden Craft & Design
Mercer, WI USA

Paul_n
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PR96

Post by Paul_n »

Thanks for the pictures, Tony..... Looks like a fun time,
sorry I had to miss it !

Paul