Downloading Vectric Calendar files

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Willbur
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Router

Downloading Vectric Calendar files

Post by Willbur »

Guys,
When I download the file, save to desk top, click on it to open, then click on the file,
it opens Cut3D for about 2 seconds then shuts down the software that it just opened up.
Is there something I need to do? Like having the software running first?
only been able to get one to open up in VCarve Pro,
that was the other day, The one that opened up looked good and usable for future projects.
Very sure I have followed the instructions that were posted. I have not had time to check out the problem,
JW

dond52
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Downloading Vectric Calendar files

Post by dond52 »

They files are in a zip folder. Did you open the zip folder and click file you want to open?
It is just a thought.

Willbur
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Router

Post by Willbur »

dond52,
That is what I did,
I also unzipped them and put on desk top to see if would do the same thing,
it opens up and shuts off.
thanks for getting back with me on this
What I would like to have is Merry Christmas file, in different fonts some in old english, german, ect,
I found an old pic done in 1876 that is just wonderful, would be great to have vectors of
the pic for caring on my cnc wood router, it would take alot of work so much small detail.
JW

jam1962
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Self built 36x25x7

Post by jam1962 »

you said it opens cut3d, these are ment for vcarve, cut 2d and aspire, check to see that your icons are associated to one of them.

br1
Vectric Apprentice

Post by br1 »

Right click on the file name and choose the open with option choose VCarve Pro. I have not had a problem with any one of these. They have all opened fine for me. I would check as jam1962 has suggested. If you do fix your problem please post what you had to do to fix it, I would be interested, I have had not one problem with any of the files offered here ever. I am not saying it couldn't happen. I am one of those people who wants to know why something doesn't work for someone when it works for me, If I can do it, anyone can do it.
Last edited by br1 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Wilbur, you say you can open them in VCarve but not in Cut3D. As others have said you can't open these files in Cut3D they are meant for Cut2D/VCarve/Aspire only.

If you mean that you could open them in VCarve and you can't any longer then try opening the file from within VCarve using the open icon or menu rather than opening it from the Windows desktop. That way you'll know if it's a file association problem in Windows or something else.