Creating the illusion of 3D with VCarved designs

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Patch

Creating the illusion of 3D with VCarved designs

Post by Patch »

I have downlosded the Optical_grid.crv file but when trying to open it win VCarve Pro I get a message
"This program does not support loading data from VCarve Wizard files" What does this mean?
I can see nothing in the Optical_Grid tab so cannot select vectors
3d View tab appears to show tool path but I cannot see the engraving
What next?

I'm running VCarve Pro 6.091.
regards
Patch

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Creating the illusion of 3D with VCarved designs

Post by Adrian »

The thread those files were posted on was created in 2005. VCarve Wizard was the precursor to VCarve Pro and you can't load files from that into any of the current versions of VCarve/Aspire as far as I know.

They do open in Cut2D though you can't VCarve in that.

http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Files in the original post have been fixed so they can be opened
in the newer versions of VCarve Pro and Aspire.

http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38

Tony

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

gravirozo wrote:have you noticed they are copyrigthed work?????

well.. they are not disneys """artwork""" like dwarf., i got deleted... but they are copyrigthed

theres a snip, those those creations are vasarelys work... copyrigth is not only for disneys work
Viktor,

You've made a serious allegation, I've done your Google search for "victor vasarely" and can't see any of the images posted here. Although they are in a similar style, the ones Google images come up with are obviously different and there are many of these geometrical designs available. Can you point out where the original artwork for these is from?

Brian

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

brian

thank you for response this.. it is more than this one post or topic...

probably i misunderstanding something, then i apologize...

i just applied what happened priorly with me... i posted a free model, about a dwarf... i used picture, posted on another topic and used a free coloring page.. a copyrigthfree
drawing...

next day it was deleted as it is disneys work... no... that was not disney drawing... that was lookalike...

exactly same situation than this...
but i posted a picture on the original post... also i mentioned it is vasarely...need to click on the picture ...

that shows clearly the original artist... but true, probably neither his wife, nor his son will not take steps against vectric or the forum...

but with this i could call attention, stop to thinking others are wrong, just because they using a pattern or a shape...

so... summarized, i was thinking, if my dwarf lookalike disneys dwarf, then it is copyrigthed, so same way if those drawings are lookalike vasarely, then they are also copyrigthed?
did i thinking wrong????

again, if i was thinking wrong, then i appologize... i just gave, what i got...

best regard
viktor

in my very private opinion copyrigth is overreacted anyway... it some how need to be changed... as i posted a funny dwarf with no intention for copyrigth, simply give something grandparents...
and it was made by a free coloring page... i dont looking for disneys stuff, nor any similar which one wellknown...
Attachments
new-1.jpg

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Viktor,

The original image you posted was NOT the same as the original drawings. It was similar but it was obviously NOT the same. The dwarf you posted was clearly a model of one of Disneys 7 dwarves, the fact that you can find other sites on the web offering free copies of Disneys dwarves does not make it OK for us to host them. If these images are shown to be Vasarely's work I will remove them in a heartbeat. With regard to Disney, they are one of the most litigious companies in the world and I have no intention of trying to argue with their lawyers whether your image was infringing their copyright.

To be honest we do not like people posting artwork if they cannot prove that it is their own work. The original post dates back almost 6 years and we have become much more wary of this issue since then.

Copyright has been discussed many times on the forum, a quick search will reveal many posts. There is no point in reopening the debate here as we are very clear on this matter, if someone else owns the copyright it can't be distributed on this forum. If we have any existing offending material I will be more than happy to delete it if it is pointed out to us.

Brian

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

brian

just make sure i dont cause confusions... i have nothing wrong, with these illusionistic
drawings... nor with vectric.. i m glad to be here..
if you also looking back on copyrigth issues.. some worst than funny, example james mc grew concrete mold...

well.. to finding, means we know we looking for.. i also dont want to continue this, also agree your viewpoint.. i explaind why i answered for this topic originally... with this i called attention, migthbe not copyrigth violation as some user thinking...

also some pictures, because i feel, you or others think i chaeating...

picture about the model and drawing... again, i cant check on all website, and i dont know if disney has this drawing, i also DID NOTfind as disney drawing.. thats why i used...
it is same model as other post pictured, and same model as on the coloringpage drawing
other artists drawed coloringbooks, and those were sold..

picture about one of the questionable drawings.. well.. i dont want to find originals... i think the effect worth to try anyone...

and one picture, published on the net, an instructional drawing..
some little explanation, this drawing possible was used by phase drafters, as they make the phase drawings like walking figures, or any movement between points...

by this,instructional drawing migth be identificable... otherwise the drawing i used the coloring page drawing..

but again, if im wrong, then i apologize... also need to revise seriously the copyrigth issues, because like in case jims concrete mold it is more than ridicolous...

also i dont want to stretch it longer... i believe if i make something with aspire, after a drawing, since it is 3d it is already too much altered, and no longer can be issue copyrigth...

sincerely
viktor
Attachments
new-2.jpg
new-3.jpg
instructional.jpg

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

Viktor, the dwarf "characters" themselves are copyrighted, and ANY drawing of them would be violating Disney's copyright. If you yourself draw an image of Mickey Mouse, you can not post it, because Mickey Mouse is copyrighted.

It's a very different situation then the other artwork.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

Rick O.
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CNC router

Post by Rick O. »

With regard to Disney, they are one of the most litigious companies in the world and I have no intention of trying to argue with their lawyers whether your image was infringing their copyright.

To be honest we do not like people posting artwork if they cannot prove that it is their own work. The original post dates back almost 6 years and we have become much more wary of this issue since then.

Copyright has been discussed many times on the forum, a quick search will reveal many posts. There is no point in reopening the debate here as we are very clear on this matter, if someone else owns the copyright it can't be distributed on this forum. If we have any existing offending material I will be more than happy to delete it if it is pointed out to us.
It is certainly very important to avoid infringing copyrights, perhaps even more so when on a company's website that might be easily targeted by lawyers from Disney, etc.

However, there is also a little bit of irony to be noted here, as the cautionary memo above is labeled as posted by "Vectric Staff", right above an avatar: a color image of Disney's Shrek character.. :-)
RickO

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

ger

thank you for this...
beyond english, some thing still i have to learn...
it really was weird for me,.. because if you say a european, snow white... about 8 of ten will say grimm...

i knew something is there... but i did not thinking on this side... this country too new for me :-)

thank you ger
viktor

edit
rick, also i dont see it rigth... im sure

but... i have 2 question...

is copyrigth law says, if, something exist, i cant put copyrigth on?

is it true, grimm brothers were living 100 year before walt founded in 1923 disney company ?

main point is, i dont want trouble to brian or vectric... so i accept any decision coming from them

Rick O.
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CNC router

Post by Rick O. »

Victor,

Copyright is simple: The company with the most lawyers always wins! Whether fair or not, that is the reality. Most of us cannot afford to argue the point with corporate legal deptartments. Vectric has legitimate concerns about this, and it is always good to err on the side of caution.
RickO

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

rick

i cant really decide what is better, vectric programs, or vectric forum...

i love both...