Editing Tool Database

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
siric
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: XCarve 1000mm and OneFinity Woodworker

Editing Tool Database

Post by siric »

Hi,

I came across a post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33720 which spoke to being able to edit the tool database en masse. Following guidance of @Loonster, I cobbled together some code which allows me to display the data in table format.

If there is interest, I can continue and make it available so that the tool data can be edited and then reimported to the Tool Database. Let me know if there any other fields which may be of interest.

Thanks
Steve
Attachments
2023-06-06 22 11 36.png

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Re: Editing Tool Database

Post by sharkcutup »

What about Tool Groups? I usually use Tool Groups such as End Mill, V-Bits, Bowl Prep, Edge Prep, etc...

What about The Various Machine Configurations? Some of us have the luxury of several different machines in our workshops.

Just Asking? (for those who wish to do this)

Cause I am like Adrian only use a few Router bits so really not necessary to have a literally FULL TOOL DATABASE!!!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 12.004

ctbjdm
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: TBD

Post by ctbjdm »

I am interested. I would like ability to search (having imported vendor databases like Amana and Whiteside); probably not edit too much but would use it that way.

Or perhaps there's a method to search and I'm unaware.

siric
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: XCarve 1000mm and OneFinity Woodworker

Post by siric »

sharkcutup wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:13 pm
What about Tool Groups? I usually use Tool Groups such as End Mill, V-Bits, Bowl Prep, Edge Prep, etc...

What about The Various Machine Configurations? Some of us have the luxury of several different machines in our workshops.

Just Asking? (for those who wish to do this)

Cause I am like Adrian only use a few Router bits so really not necessary to have a literally FULL TOOL DATABASE!!!

Sharkcutup
Hi,

Tool Groups now included.

From what I can see in VCarve, you select the filters for Machine, Material and Group before you export, so the table will only have data based on what you selected. Not sure of there is a way to select multiple groups at once. Anyway, I have adjusted the script to display these fields. This table is rudimentary as in the final product they would be displayed at the top instead of repeating in the table.

Further comments welcomed.

Steve
Attachments
2023-06-08 17 14 35.png