Vectric 8.5

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
jimhs
Model of CNC Machine: Nextwave Innovations Shark HD4 Extended

Vectric 8.5

Post by jimhs »

I've been emailing back and forth with Vectric support but am not having much luck. I've been wanting to make some wooden boxes in my woodworking shop. I happened across a video on YouTube a couple of days ago of a guy making boxes using a Gadget. I thought to myself wow, this is just the ticket. So I tried downloading that box making gadget into my computer but I've had no luck with that. My Vcarve Pro is version 8.5. I noticed that the guy in the video making the boxes had Vcarve Pro version 9. So my first thought was to go to Vectric and see if I could upgrade my software to 9 Well I've searched for over an hour and can't find anywhere on the website to do that. Then I discovered that I could download the boxmaking gadget so I downloaded it off of the website onto my computer. So now I have it downloaded in my computer but can't do anything with it. One of the vectric support people emailed me and said to go into the software (I assume he means Vcare Pro on my computer) open gadgets and then download the file into that. Well, when I open the gadgets option in Vcarve Pro, there is no option in there to download anything. So I'm about to give up on the whole thing and just make my boxes with a finger joint jig on my tablesaw. I would like to know though: (1) Is it even possible to upgrade my Vcarve Pro version 8.5 to 9 and how much would it cost? (2). Is it even possible to upload that boxmaking gadget into Vcarve Pro version 8.5? Thanks very much to anyone who can help me with these questions.
Respectfully
Jimhs

phill05
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Hybrid re-build

Re: Vectric 8.5

Post by phill05 »

I would think you open the software then go to Gadgets then install new gadget when asked show it where you downloaded to install.

Phill
A person who works with his hands, his brain and his heart is an artist"
—Louis Nizer

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello Jimhs,

I have taken a look at the ticket that you sent into support.
You did not mention in the ticket that you wished to use the gadget with version 8.5 of the software.
I think that the engineer that replied to you may have assumed that you wished to use the gadget with version 9.5 of the software,
as that is the latest version of the software that you are entitled to use with your license.

I am afraid that the Box Gadget was only first written for version 9 of the software, it is not available for version 8.5.

If you wished to use the Box creator gadget, you can download version 9.5 of the software from your
Vectric V&Co. Portal account page, and install the version 9.5 gadget with that version of the software,
you can download the 9.5 version of the gadget from the version 9 gadget website at the address below:
https://gadgets.vectric.com/V9/box_creator

I hope that this helps.
Cheers,

Mark.

MarshaJ847
Model of CNC Machine: Automation Technology KL-6590

Post by MarshaJ847 »

Jimhs asked
(1) Is it even possible to upgrade my Vcarve Pro version 8.5 to 9 and how much would it cost?
As far as I know the upgrade price would get you a license for version 11

https://archive.vectric.com/store/upgrades.html
UPGRADE to VCarve Pro from an older version of VCarve Pro $175 / £135 / €170