Feed Rate

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
AboveCreations
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: i2r B22

Re: Feed Rate

Post by AboveCreations »

I purchased mach3 separately. The copy that came with the machine was garbage (hacked I believe). I set up mach3 based on a chinese video that the manufacturer sent to me and walked me thru. I read and followed through on this setup of mach3.

http://the-cnc.blogspot.com/p/my-mach3-settings.html

but when I changed things on my machine to these settings, it hosed my machine and wasn't functioning right. So I put it back to the manufacturer's settings.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

I was running Mach3 yesterday to do a job.

After the job I shut down the machine and the computer.

I restarted everything and started Mach3 with no code loaded.
The coordinates were same as it was at the end of the job before shutting down.
I then loaded the same code and still no change
When I loaded different code still no change.

I wonder if the machine is in machine coordinates when you start.
I don't know why it would change when loading code.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

AboveCreations
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: i2r B22

Post by AboveCreations »

Leo wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:37 pm
I am not sure what that means. Is that a setting? I am living with it and I have a routine after I power up everything. Just load a file after starting mach3, zero the coordinates and close the file... continue to work. Someday I may try to get on the mach3 forum and see if anyone may be able to help me there. I really don't want to make any other changes because the mach3, controller and machine are working perfectly fine other than that little startup quark. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

AboveCreations wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:53 am
Leo wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:37 pm
I am not sure what that means. Is that a setting? I am living with it and I have a routine after I power up everything. Just load a file after starting mach3, zero the coordinates and close the file... continue to work. Someday I may try to get on the mach3 forum and see if anyone may be able to help me there. I really don't want to make any other changes because the mach3, controller and machine are working perfectly fine other than that little startup quark. Thanks for taking the time to look.
Probably best to stay the course. Mach3 is not really all that hard to get around but without some fundamental understanding of what the terms are or really how a machine works it may be best not to change things that you don't understand. I would do a video or six on what I know about Mach3 but I will be upgrading to Centroid Acorn in a couple of months. Don't get me wrong, Mach3 is perfectly fine, but I have other reasons for upgrading. I like Mach3, but my setup is not fulfilling my needs.

I would recommend that you do learn some things about CNC like Machine Coordinates and work coordinates and offsets and such. That "might" help to understand the issues.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

NormanAlbert
Vectric Wizard

Post by NormanAlbert »

when cutting wood, I will change the feed values in Mach 3 and play with spindle rpm to find the best cutting for that particular piece of wood. Unlike something like Corian which has a consistent density, wood varies all over, with the grain, against the grain, a knot area. A few inches per minute and rpm change can mean burn marks or a nice clean cut.