Need help with composite material - G10 - anyone with exp?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: Need help with composite material - G10 - anyone with exp?

Post by Rcnewcomb »

I'll stick to the 2.5 D as that pattern is very popular in the knife world and I cant keep them in stock, just cant make them fast enough.
You cannot argue with success. Stay the course!

I made some fancy handles for a chef's knife but my wife wouldn't let me sell it so it is now in her kitchen knife set.
WolfKnifeHandleWalnut.jpeg
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

pappybaynes
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger

Post by pappybaynes »

I have to echo all the concerns about the dust...we're all rough and tough until you have health problems because "it won't bother me"...speaking from experience...any kind of dust is a slow killer...be smart about it.

Syndicateknives
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko pro xxl

Post by Syndicateknives »

pappybaynes wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:10 pm
I have to echo all the concerns about the dust...we're all rough and tough until you have health problems because "it won't bother me"...speaking from experience...any kind of dust is a slow killer...be smart about it.
Yes sir! I worked in a commercial door and trim factory using a radial arm saw for my entire shift... after 3 months of never wearing a mask, i was 24, I was fucked, I couldnt even speak correctly and yelling was out of the question. Transferred into the key and lock room for the rest of my tenure, about a year total.

I appreciate everyones concern... funny how compassionate complete strangers are, thank you.

Syndicateknives
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko pro xxl

Post by Syndicateknives »

pappybaynes wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:10 pm
Yes sir! I worked in a commercial door and trim factory using a radial arm saw for my entire shift... after 3 months of never wearing a mask, i was 24, I was fucked, I couldnt even speak correctly and yelling was out of the question. Transferred into the key and lock room for the rest of my tenure, about a year total.

I appreciate everyones concern... funny how compassionate complete strangers are, thank you.