VCarve 10.5 is OUT NOW!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Neal Mucklow
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko XXL

Re: VCarve 10.5 is OUT NOW!

Post by Neal Mucklow »

burly wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:45 pm
I just downloaded 10.505 and I am also getting this Arc endpoint error on my Shapoeko 3XXL. It has happened on 2 file so far. I have sent an email to support with the gcode file. post processor is shapeoko inch.
Hey,

Did you ever get any response? I have the same setup as you and getting the same errors. Not impressed with Ver 10.55

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger using WinCNC

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I'm not sure but it sounds like you are using the wrong post processor. Most of them with arc capabilities have "arc" in the name.
Steve

AdamJ
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by AdamJ »

Hi Neal

The Shapeoko post was updated for version 10.5 and that seems to have caused some issues with the number of decimal places in the arc output. We have a post that we're testing out to ensure it fixes that issue. Post processor advice tends to be specific to whether or not people have made changes to their post processor etc so it's hard to be too generic. If you had changes to your previous postp and want to take those with you then you can always copy that one from version 10 over to 10.5. The easiest way to access posts is to use the Application Data Folder menu item from within the software. Otherwise if you email support@vectric.com we'll sort it as soon as possible.

Finally if you've got other issues then let us know and we'll sort them quickly. We try to be responsive to any known issues.

Cheers
Adam

jmendenhall22
Model of CNC Machine: shapeoko xxl

Post by jmendenhall22 »

SteveNelson46 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:43 pm
I'm not sure but it sounds like you are using the wrong post processor. Most of them with arc capabilities have "arc" in the name.
Have been really busy and have not had time to get to my shop yet but sounds logical to just copy old postp file over. Thanks