vector images

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
berrows@comcast.net
Model of CNC Machine: probotix fireball 90

vector images

Post by berrows@comcast.net »

I did this once a while back and now it escapes me. I start a new file bringing in a vector that has lines in it. I have another image I want to impose on top of the first image and I want to block out that portion that's being coverd so when the machine cuts, it will cut the whole image as one vector or image not seeing what's under neath. Any info is greatly recieved...Thanks DB

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Re: vector images

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Using layers will be a key factor. Copy the vectors that you want to combine to a new layer then use the line tools to create, snip, weld, etc. When creating the toolpath use the associate with layer options to limit the vectors used to that toolpath.
Steve

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

Use the Boundary Create tool to draw a boundary around the vectors you want to keep. Put the boundary on the vectors you wish to remove and use the Trim selected objects... tool to remove the vectors inside. Both tools are in the Edit Objects portion of the tool list.

Use the layers feature to keep track of which vectors go where.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

berrows@comcast.net
Model of CNC Machine: probotix fireball 90

Post by berrows@comcast.net »

Thankyou to both. I don't remember doing any of those things you mentioned. I remember bringing in a bitmap picture of a Purple heart ribbon and doing what was needed. Then I brought in another bitmap picture of a wounded warrior picture to place in the middle of that.What I did to make it block out the lines in the ribbon was not snipping, layering or anything like that. So I will try your suggestions and see what happens...thanks for your responses...DB