Importing a logo to Cut2D

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
dbcriss
Model of CNC Machine: Genmitsu 3018pro

Importing a logo to Cut2D

Post by dbcriss »

I'm trying to get a customer's logo into my Cut2D. He has given me a choice of .jpg, .png, .pdf, and .eps files. Using the import function Cut2D sorta opens the .pdf but it's not in my job dimensions box, it's off to the side, and I can't scale or move it. I can highlight it but that's all. The import function also sees the .eps file but won't open it. Any advice? Maybe a link to a video would help. Thanks, Daivid
Attachments
Screenshot (3).png
Submark-EPS-01.eps
(2.07 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
Submark-PDF.pdf
(66.75 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Importing a logo to Cut2D

Post by Adrian »

The logo is far bigger than the material so you need to resize it or increase the material size.

To resize the material click the Job Setup button or select it from the Edit menu.

To resize the logo first you have to select it by dragging a selection box around it (hold down the left mouse button and drag) or click on each individual vector while holding down the Shift key. Once it's selected you can resize using the resize handles on the corner of the selection or by clicking the Resize tool (shortcut key is T) and entering the dimensions you want into the form.

You can't align anything until it's selected as above. You can press the F9 key to centre everything in the material or use the corresponding tool.

Your EPS file is importing fine for me. You can also open EPS and PDF's directly rather than importing in which case the material is sized automatically to the vectors in the file.

These are all fundamental steps to using the software so I would suggest working your way through the tutorials on the Help menu until you're confident with them.